Search the forum,

Discuss Has anyone tried rated people? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all me and my mate have tried rated people 1 week in ive spent 200 quid on leads 3 people dont want a job doing 3 no replys to phone or emails 1 person my quote was do dear have sent them email to cancel ,,customers have a laptop dream of having work done but have no intention of having it done not realising were paying for leads 24pound plus vat for 1000pound job dont bother is my advise

good point,there are going to be loads of people just seeing how much stuff costs

I get that in normal trading a customer will ring and say, friend or family member mentioned they are looking for a job to be done,they ask me to ring them,75% of the time they say,oh just thinking about it,how much would it be do you think,have a chat with them and never hear owt again regarding that particular project anyway

On the above basis,if a customer rang up and said give us £20 for lead,I would say.no only if I get the work,would be well out of pocket,take it to sheeple rated and you are on a big looser

imho

Last edited by a moderator:
People on there Im sure dont know tradesmen have to quote for their contact details - therefore not always their fault, the problem lies with Rated People who are making up the prices they charge and musn't have a clue about how much work is required on various jobs.
You can request a free lead if there is a problem - BUT DONT HOLD YOUR BREATHE.

Ive only started trading since march, been away from UK for 6 years so lost a lot of contacts, when initially trying to start up alone through word of mouth it was obviously difficult as I was unknown

Out of all the advertising i've done newspapers, yell.com, trust a trader, flyer drops, website and local magazine it has been rated people that has kept me going, Ive just calculated my invoices for rated people leads & membership costs came to £370 ( 3 months) profit excluding materials £ 2700 ( 3 months ).

My prices have been reasonable although according to some of the customers I wasnt the cheapest and still won the quote with them, its about selling yourself sometimes not all about price, Ive already had morework from the rated people customers recommending me.

Rated people does have its faults though, they should state if its only a quote the customer requires or genuinely looking to start work.

In my opinion Rated people is good if your starting up I plan to use it for the first year or two but tradesman who have been trading a while and rely on this site must be doing something wrong.

Cheers Jamie

Apologies for a post from a non-plumber.

I used RatedPeople after seeing TV adverts. I needed some upgrades done on my 20 year old conservatory.

The people seemed competent and presented a number of photos of previous jobs. They also had a impressive feedback, apparently from previous customers.

I asked them to look at the dirty drain on my house which showed a small amount of moisture. They hacked at it with a hammer and bolster, gave up then tried to cover it up with floor grout. Image below.

Think I'm gonna need a plumber.

drain01.jpg

Contacted Rated People. They have send a generated reply but nothing else. Searching the web seems Rated People are not to be recommended. A total rip off. I paid several thousands before I realized what these idiots had done. This is just the worst of their botches!

If you're a second rate cowboy, pretending to be any sort of tradesman, then RatedPeople would seem to be for you.

Hi I tried it a couple of years back its a waste of money and they charge far too much and have no idea what plumbers charge for each job and you often find that you are competing with three or four other tradesmen on each job save your money try trust a trader or similar.

roy

all these on line companies are there to make money for themselves, no one else so are they really worried about the trades and the customers. In order to keep their reputation they will look after custards, less so the trades as they rely on customer feedback not trades feedback. Who the overall losers? I wouldnt give any of them time, after centuries of providing services for others the main form of advertizing remains word of mouth and local reputation, nothing else matters in my mind. How else do pimlico plumbers survive, reputation and goodwill, they may cost a bit but the are there and doing the work and customers know it.

Used for over 3 years now and no real complaints, use it as a tool and it will serve you well.

Rubbish - just bought three jobs in the last few days:
job 1 - major problem with a blocked drain, need somebody to fix it urgently. I made a contact, the customer said please come next day to asses it. I sent an e-mail asking for address, customer replied saying there is no need for the work now
job 2 - a few maintenance jobs in one house - no chance to make a contact
job 3 - immersion heater needs to be changed - no chance to make a contact
I am cancelling my membership

Rubbish - just bought three jobs in the last few days:
job 1 - major problem with a blocked drain, need somebody to fix it urgently. I made a contact, the customer said please come next day to asses it. I sent an e-mail asking for address, customer replied saying there is no need for the work now
job 2 - a few maintenance jobs in one house - no chance to make a contact
job 3 - immersion heater needs to be changed - no chance to make a contact
I am cancelling my membership

Surely you asked for credits on the no chance to make contact?

Shower, only checking they do is at the bank. All schemes like this are utter tripe and just show other traders your so rough you need to tell people your not.
Only thing you need in side of van is a sliding door! Unless your set on building a brand!

Last edited by a moderator:
Shower, only checking they do is at the bank. All schemes like this are utter tripe and just show other traders your so rough you need to tell people your not.
Only thing you need in side of van is a sliding door! Unless your set on building a brand!

thanks for your input and abuse - who is your next target?

Not yet, but today I got a phone call from job 3 saying they already got somebody else to do it (yesterday they didn't answer my call and didn't reply to my e-mail). It doesn't bother me at all, just wanted to try them and now I know it's worthless.

Interesting reading all this, howevor its all subjective and everybodys experience is different. I have used rated people for sometime and had a mixture of positive and negative experiences. The cons have been heavily outlined and there all sound. Howevor the pros for me have been plentiful and led to some lucrative work, I completed a bathroom fit last week from a £16 lead. The invoice was in excess off £3k and I was paid by bacs on Monday, not a bad return on my outlay, customer pleased as punch and given me a glowing rating.

With these things unless your really desperate you have to weigh up each job individually and be picky and ultimately first in with the call. I never give the customer much time to um and arh, and set a date to do the job. Ultimately only take the jobs your comfortable with or can give you a quick return on your outlay. Ive had down times as I supsect we all have, so have used this site to bring in some cash flow, which it has done.

Overall my experiences have been positive, weather you can make it fit your business model is for you to decide.......

Seems like a simplistic viewpoint from a very simplistic individual ?

Perhaps a name and contact number might help ?

Roy walker is my idol I say what's I sees !
Checked and vetted, trust a trader, trade services. Nothing's changed systems still the same...... Cold calling traders trying to sell, basic checks. Company headded paper, yell listing and bank account. They all protest not to be like the rest. Argued with one about traders not being checked, their argument was that my industry had no regulating body........ Gas safe is rubbish but they are here to regulate. Muppet on phone was telling me all about how many checks they make on traders but didn't mention checking trader offering gas central heating was gas safe registered? Promises that in five years I wouldn't get a job if I wasn't on their scheme? Rather be unemployed frankly than be associated with anyone like that. If you want to pay to get work advertising is much more effective.

Roy walker is my idol I say what's I sees !
Checked and vetted, trust a trader, trade services. Nothing's changed systems still the same...... Cold calling traders trying to sell, basic checks. Company headded paper, yell listing and bank account. They all protest not to be like the rest. Argued with one about traders not being checked, their argument was that my industry had no regulating body........ Gas safe is rubbish but they are here to regulate. Muppet on phone was telling me all about how many checks they make on traders but didn't mention checking trader offering gas central heating was gas safe registered? Promises that in five years I wouldn't get a job if I wasn't on their scheme? Rather be unemployed frankly than be associated with anyone like that. If you want to pay to get work advertising is much more effective.

That made me spit tea on my laptop! hahahahaha
Who do they think they are?!

Interesting reading all this, howevor its all subjective and everybodys experience is different. I have used rated people for sometime and had a mixture of positive and negative experiences. The cons have been heavily outlined and there all sound. Howevor the pros for me have been plentiful and led to some lucrative work, I completed a bathroom fit last week from a £16 lead. The invoice was in excess off £3k and I was paid by bacs on Monday, not a bad return on my outlay, customer pleased as punch and given me a glowing rating.

With these things unless your really desperate you have to weigh up each job individually and be picky and ultimately first in with the call. I never give the customer much time to um and arh, and set a date to do the job. Ultimately only take the jobs your comfortable with or can give you a quick return on your outlay. Ive had down times as I supsect we all have, so have used this site to bring in some cash flow, which it has done.

Overall my experiences have been positive, weather you can make it fit your business model is for you to decide.......

So were not all ROUGH then!

You'll find more up to date threads than this in the main Pluming Forum. But I'm reply to this so we bump it up the list and get the pages indexed correctly because of the new update we've had. So just ignore this if it's all old news.

If you do reply, keep it polite and professional. You can disagree with the above posts, and just be professional with your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Has anyone tried rated people? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock