Currently reading:
Have i been shafted

Discuss Have i been shafted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

justlead1

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi. One of my nippers is away for a few days. So i take the opportunity to remove her bath and fit a new one (Tap hole less) and also fit a posh Grohe bath/shower mixer that terminates from the wall. I think i will do a decent job, pop into plumber merchant for 2 3/4 x 22 mm back plate elbows capillary. £38-00 the pair!. Its was 11-35 on a Saturday so i made their day. Is it people who are associated with plumbing that are having it off. I thought it was just front line plumbers?

Did they give u back plates or shower fixing brackets? Who was the supplier?

You have won first prize Johnmcginty. Who the saddest me paying or them selling. Life goes on. (with the aid of larger)

You just paid for an hours wages for 2 men on top of the price of the fittings. You should have told them to stick them up their a...

Saying that reminded me of a time last year i was in the car with my dad on a Saturday morning. We were passing a Keyline and he said "i need a bag of sand, stop in there".
Up to the counter and asked for a bag of building sand, guy says £1.60 + vat (or something like that). Thought my dad was going to take a heart attack........£1.60 + vat! for a bag of sand? I could buy 16 ton for £60 (mid 90's). I'll give you 10 bob for it, take it or leave it. The guy took it:D but i had to give him the 9p for the vat. Me :eek::eek::eek::eek::D

done a job for my brother in law last year needed 2x110 push fit bends he gave me his credit card and pin no went to builderbase as nearest to the job guy said only have spigot socket bends so would need 2no couplings I asked how much he said cash or account I said cash came to nearly £60 said no discount unless I had account I told him no discount no deal and left 10 mins down road next merchants said only in black but said they are dear how dear £8 each plus vat there are some robbing B!*****S out there so shop around:)regards turnpin

sounds like BSS, or TP prices you were ripped without a doubt, Becuase the building industry is so slow at the moment the merchants are ripping everyone.

Hi Thanks for your replies. I think they work on a sliding tarif, jacking it up as closing time draws near. Knowing that jerks like me, who have not planned the work/materials need to pay the penalty.

I have accounts at Dumb Centre and the still tried to charge me £27.00 + Vat for Hose Union Bib Tap with CHK..

My Account Manager got a quick call..

I registered at the new version of screwfix (Plumbfix) on a trade account and it is quite a bit cheaper i.e fluidmaster dropvalve £8.13 including vat seems allright for most things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Have i been shafted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock