Search the forum,

Discuss Have I blown the PCB board? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was removing my room thermostat to paint around, and the earth become loose and blew the fuse to the central heating boiler.

I've replaced the fuse, and the 'power' light is back on my boiler, however the digital reading panel (time, pressure etc) isn't working.

Unsure if the surge has blown the thermostat and that is causing the boiler not to work, or I've blown the board?

Any comments on whether the boiler should work, regardless of the room thermostat?

Thx

Won't work unless the room thermostat is connected back up and didn't you turn the boiler / power to the boiler off first ?

No, school boy error. I thought the case would just pop off. Replaced the thermostat and still nothing from the boiler. Looks like I've blown the board ☹️

No, school boy error. I thought the case would just pop off. Replaced the thermostat and still nothing from the boiler. Looks like I've blown the board ☹️

Best get a gas safe engy in

If you had the correct fuse in the spur (3A) its likely to be the one on the board, to the right of the on/off button. Best place for fuses is Maplin I find, as its on the shelf.

If you had the correct fuse in the spur (3A) its likely to be the one on the board, to the right of the on/off button. Best place for fuses is Maplin I find, as its on the shelf.

Is that at the back of the board?

Took the board off, but there’s no fuse visible?!

AC7B002C-D9E8-4403-9F61-1915A612D2AF.jpeg

Look at page 36. Near where you can see the red wires. It may be on the other side of the board. It’s 3.15A slow blow / time delay.

Ah, there are two boards for this model, image on the manual is the other one to mine. The wiring diagram on the boiler references 2 internal fuses, they must be inside the 2 Black cyclinders on my image just below the switch (they look like capacitors). It has a note.... Internal Fuse not to be changed by user. Do you think these are non replaceable fuses? That would seem odd!

I would have thought if you couldn’t replace they would not be shown as spare part. Do you have the GC no for your Powermax. And a picture of the fascia front.

Ah, yes. It has a note.... Internal Fuse not to be changed by user.
I would have thought if you couldn’t replace they would not be shown as spare part. Do you have the GC no for your Powermax. And a picture of the fascia front.

Attached.

5BB9670A-2564-48C3-8581-8D998830EADF.jpeg

A15D9E91-C58F-47B1-BABD-43B09856F612.jpeg

Well I can see the fuses on that board, but I'll leave it to the onsite GSR to sort it as there may be other issues.

Well I can see the fuses on that board, but I'll leave it to the onsite GSR to sort it as there may be other issues.[/QUOT

Ha ha... the competent?! Yes, at cocking up and then asking for help? I’ll just stick to my painting in future.

The manual references ‘not to be changed by user’ I’m know thinking that means the home ‘user’, as you have to take the board off to access them. Hopefully it’s as straight forward as that, and by 10 I can have a warm shower!

Well it was the fuse.... GSR replaced it this morning and he is paid and merrily on his way to help someone else. Thanks all for the helpful advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Have I blown the PCB board? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock