Search the forum,

Discuss Heating but no hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bob Ofelia

we have and ideal logic 12 boiler the central heating works perfectly but we have no hot water and the hot water tank is at a constant temperature of 23c never any higher

The pressure gauge on the red cylinder which Is in the same cupboard as the water tank the pressure keeps dropping on it and keeps having to be topped up

Does any one have any ideas on what the problem is

The boiler and water cylinder are both only a year old

It sounds like you have a problem with a 2 or 3 port valve . Just check your cylinder thermostat hasnt been accidentally moved / knocked . If its a new build or a new ish upgrade you will be quicker getting the original guys back , your gauge dropping is also another problem which requires attention.

You need to get the original installer back to check the system through. Has this been happening for a while?

It sounds like you have a problem with a 2 or 3 port valve . Just check your cylinder thermostat hasnt been accidentally moved / knocked . If its a new build or a new ish upgrade you will be quicker getting the original guys back , your gauge dropping is also another problem which requires attention.
Yes we're in a new build only been moved in for a year now

Newbuild is normally a 2 yr warranty if it's NHBC you may have to go through the developer/builder to get there heating Guys back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heating but no hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock