Search the forum,

Discuss Heating/hot water not working in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Klouise

Just looking for some help really, since Saturday my heating will not come on at all! The boiler isn't firing up either and the hot water has ran out, the pressure on the boiler was fine, had someone out to check it and they got it working again but then it wouldn't switch off And the heat was continuously coming from the radiators even though the thermostat was turned down and I turned the heating off on the timer box, it lasted like that for around 5ish hours then boiler stopped making noise and there was no heating or hot water again and the pressure is as high as it will go now Does anyone have any idea what this could be? I'm waiting on the boiler man coming back, I have a 4 year old and it's December so as you can imagine I need it sorting ASAP. If it helps my boiler is a vaillant ecomax and I have a separate water tank upstairs, Thanks x

Filling loop left open?
May have been a "temporary fix" due to a faulty expansion vessel or pressure relief valve, have seen this done before. The vaillant boilers usually have a diagnostic menu system built in, a call to vaillant technical support may help you while you wait for the engineer to turn up.
Homeowner technical helpline

0344 736 0049

Call them before the office closes, the 03 number is mobile friendly

Last edited:
And tesco have cheap electric space heaters around a tenner if you are worried about the child getting cold

Check you have 240 volts at boiler. It is possible that a faulty motorized valve could have blown 3 Amp fuse at isolation switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heating/hot water not working in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock