Search the forum,

Discuss Heating not working - Grundfos pump issue in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

I have an old Combi boiler for which the heating has stopped working. The hot water is fine, and I think I've isolated the problem to the pump.

The pump is a Grundfos Alpha2, and it has usually has two numbers, but it is instead showing two dashes ( -- ). I think the propeller isn't spinning inside as there is no 'buzz' and the pipe above it is hot, but below it isn't.

Does anyone know if there is a simple fix for this for an amateur to do at home? If not, how much would this cost to repair?

Thanks.

It looks like you can lever off the electrics module and there is the usual rotor screwdriver slot underneath to give it a spin!
The beginning of this sort of shows it:
fault code of "- -" means:
IMG_0333.jpeg

and here is another approach:

Last edited:

Reply to Heating not working - Grundfos pump issue in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock