Search the forum,

Discuss Heating valve sticking open in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
01475CCA-1CC3-415A-A4A0-D1587C6C3A40.jpeg
F6561640-E1CA-497D-AA30-17852BA63D74.jpeg
i have two of these danfoss hpa2 valves. Then downstairs one keeps sticking open. When the stat is not demanding heat, the downstairs valve lever isn’t resting in the fully closed position, ie it doesn’t fall all the way to the right like the upstairs one does.
I’ve taken a brief video to demonstrate. When I move the lever manually to and fro it seems to fix the issue but only temporarily.

Is there any quick fix for this? The valves only 5 yrs old so don’t want to replace it if I can avoid it.

Video at Dropbox - Video 22-02-2018, 21 41 18.mov

Thanks in advance

Think you’ll find it’s going to likely be a replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heating valve sticking open in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or garden, run-of-the-mill British housing estate CH setup. Downstairs radiator, 1 of 2 in our living room, went cold one evening mid-November last...
Replies
Views
Hi Just looking for some suggestions on what to look for/try next. Up until last weekend, our oil fired boiler central heating was working fine, all radiators heating as required. We then had an issue of a mouse deciding to go for a exploration in our air intake and causing it to begin to soot...
Replies
Views
Hi, Seems like both my upstairs and downstairs HPA2 zone valves are on the blink. Every other day one of them doesn't switch off at the thermostat cut off temp and I come home to the Bahamas 😅. Firstly, is it worth trying to repair them or is the fix only likely to last a short time before...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hello all. I've just joined, was going to post in the new members forum, but the first site generated email sent me here... I am here, as have a challenging and interesting problem, which I'll try as best to describe below keeping to the point and as short as possible, to avoid boring any of...
Replies
Views
I have a pdaily loss of pressure in a closed circuit system as noticed on the gauge at the filling point 2 bar to 0. After exhausting all the usual options it appears there’s a leak unground with no visual sign anywhere.I’ll have to re plumb the heating. The boiler feed and return pipes are...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock