Search the forum,

Discuss Heavy corrosion on new copper in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.jpeg
1C03CDAC-E764-498B-BB77-825D1EECF8D0_zps1n2wdtb8.jpg.html
Hi. Could anyone shed some light on a reason for this excessive corrosion. The pipes are 3 months old, inside a wooden clad room, I can't see any sources of any leaks. The corrosion seems to be near the holes in the wall. Is this a chemical reaction from the wood treatment ? Many thanks.

from th ecolouring it looks like flux residue but the joints are pressfit so no flux required , clean them off with a cloth and soapy water till all the verdigris is gone then just keep an eye on the pipes

Note that it is covering almost every bit of the horizontal and angled top parts of the pipework only, so that means something has been dropping from above, - flux or something corrosive to the pipes. Just clean with fine steel wool anything that won't come off with a damp cloth and keep a check on it in the future, as Gasmk1 said.

To clarify, we're looking at a wooden wall? Is the picture the right way up? What's on the other side of the wall and what's above the pipes?

thanks for the input.
@Chalked The room used to be a sauna, now empty except for little bit of pipework associated with a heating only ASHP. Why do you ask?

@Chuck above is expansion vessel, valves etc. i couldnt see anything leaking, wouldve been obvious.

Ill advise the client to clean and keep an eye on it

thanks for the input.
@Chalked The room used to be a sauna, now empty except for little bit of pipework associated with a heating only ASHP. Why do you ask?

Seen it on spa's and pools, when chlorine and other chemicals ar in the same room.

Clean it up with fine wire wool wipe with warm soapy water finish with clean water when dry insulate the pipes....regards Turnpin:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heavy corrosion on new copper in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

All, Belfast, Northern Ireland. I am in a bit of a predicament. I have recently had a stove fitted in a chimney that had a disconnected and capped gas fire. The old gas line went straight out the back wall and was visibly capped a short distance from the gas meter. A simple pull out job. Upon...
Replies
Views
About 10 months I started having issues with a gas like smell in my home and the gas board was unable to find any gas leak I've still got the issue. When I first made contacted enviromental health I was told the following Could be my drains and to have my drains checked. Could be the sewers...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking to see if anyone can give some advice please. My Baxi boiler has been losing pressure and I am having to top it up approx. every 4 hours from 0-1.5 bar each time. This has been going on a week now. I have also started to notice small drips running down my condensate pipe...
Replies
Views
Hello, We had an extension built seven years ago. Initially the builders' plumber connected the heating to the house system but this didn't work. The builder got him out again and he created a separate heating circuit from the boiler (ie one circuit for the house, the other for the extension)...
Replies
Views
Hi I need some advice as this has been ongoing since august and nobody can find a problem but meantime water is damaging my walls. The lady upstairs had a plumber in July who relocated her washbasin shower and fitted a new radiator.He caused a bad leak and came to fix it in august and I thought...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock