Search the forum,

Discuss Hello Fellows in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

oz-plumber

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi All, I am a Plumber from Australia and thought I should register and become part of the greater Plumbing World. I find some of the topics very interesting and many of the issues relating to our trade the same.

G'day mate, welcome to the forum. Indeed, this is a place where you will discover lots of interesting threads. And also the place that will cause friction in your marriage. If, like me, you spend a lot of time on here. It is quite addictive. it is the best place to learn anything about plumbing, if you ask me. And all on here are so helpful. Just ask a question, sit back, with a can of fosters, read another post, and wait for the replies. enjoy

Hi All, I am a Plumber from Australia and thought I should register and become part of the greater Plumbing World. I find some of the topics very interesting and many of the issues relating to our trade the same.
Hi & welcome along.
Where are you based ? What work do you do ? (what tickets do you hold) Can you soft solder ? Sorry just thought I would get a few of my own questions in, if you did not mind, before you ask some. Thanks CW

Hi Guys,

I based in Victoria. In regards to my tickets I hold tickets in all classes. Plumbing, Gasfitting, Mechanical Services, Roofing.
I have also a couple of specialized tickets also.

We don't use soft solder over here. We use silver solder that needs oxy/acetylene or oxy/LPG to melt.

I think it is a misconception of the rest of the world that all aussies drink Fosters. I personally don't and I don't think I know anyone who does. ( Fact ).

Thanks for the advice, I will sit back and relax and read post and reply to them when I can.

Cheers

You must be one of em funny fellows who drink XXXX then. LOL

Had a guy in from Sydney who teaches plumbing, who still show them how to soft solder he said they still use it outback.

Last edited:
XXXX beer......I just about gagged.

Maybe in New South Wales they use soft solder. Here in Victoria we don't use it at all.

No fosters no 4 x.....

Might i suggest coopers?:)

Welcome to the forum my antipodean pal:):beer:

Coopers would have to be my downfall.

It is 'Nectar of the Gods'

Cooper Sparkling Ale would have to be the beer that God created the earth for.
I sure, on the Seventh Day, God relaxed after all his hard efforts and had a dozen Coopers Sparkling Ales.

I'm not God, but after my herculean day, I am resting having a Coopers or 4.

Oz-Plumber

Sparkling ale? You girl! Do you have a cherry and an umbrella in it too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hello Fellows in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

As recommended by the welcome email, hello all, my name is James Pirie and I am not a plumber but a keen DIY enthusiast mostly due to the severe lack of plumbers available in our area of the North West of Sutherland in Scotland. I have done some pipework, tap replacements and fixed some leaking...
Replies
Views
Hello all, just a quick "hi" as I've just joined the forum. I'm based in the UK and am product manager for a company that provides caulking tools (the MK and Cox dispenser range). Feel free to reach out if you have any questions related to applying silicone and other materials. I look forward...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am certainly not a plumber but kinda handy Created an account to resolve an issue Fingers crossed all will be good!
Replies
Views
E
Hello All, I`m currently on my level two plumbing course at college and I`m looking for some part time work if anyone could offer me some advice. I`ve been trying to get on an apprenticeship but I`ve had no joy so far, so I`m hoping to gain some experience by working alongside an experienced...
Replies
Views
Ellis J
E
Hello, my name is Salvador. I work in the Metro Detroit area for non-profit agency that provides assistance to residents that are having trouble with their water bills. I am part of a team that goes into the home and figures out why water bills are so high. I am not a plumber by trade, but I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock