Search the forum,

Discuss HELP! Experienced engineers advice needed please! Baxi Combi 80 hot water problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke Warm

Gas Engineer
Hey guys,

I'm having quite a stressful situation where i work for a company of gas engineers, we get sent to all types of jobs and sometimes we end up back at the same job, in the meantime a different engineer may have been there and also completed work or parts may have been requested by one engineer and not fitted by the person sent to fit it because they find or think the part is not needed. so you can imagine how hard it is to diagnose things sometimes. but anyway..

I have a baxi combi 80, i am either getting teppid water from the hot tap or if you try to reduce the flow (as you would normally do to see if it gets hot if the flow is reduced) the boiler wont even fire.
when the hot tap is on fully, you get barely warm water from the hot outlet BUT, the bottom of the divertor valve is red hot! and so is the flow pipe, so i was sent to change the divertor valve. and we are still getting the same problem!

when i was previously at the property i requested that the plated heat exchanger was replaced, but i think the engineer that was sent to replace it said it wasn't needed. and therefore did not replace it.

i rang baxi and they said it was either the plated heat exchanger or something like the inlet venturi assembly? apologies i cant remember the actual name of it but it basically has everything connected to it and it hhouses the pump body!

hopefully the information i have provided is sufficient! please help before i have a nervous brake down! :bucktooth:

Re: HELP! Experienced engineers advice needed please! Baxi Combi 80 hot water problem

as you will understand we cant give out gas appliance fault/repair if you are not gas safe/open forum

Announcements - Central Heating Forum

Re: HELP! Experienced engineers advice needed please! Baxi Combi 80 hot water problem

i guess i need to put my gs number in somewhere?

i guess i need to put my gs number in somewhere?

read the link i posted but here it is

"If you are gsr please increase your post count to 10+ then send a PM (Private Message) with your gsr details to either Gas man - View Profile: gas man - Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice | Plumbers Forums | A forum for plumbers advice in the UK or Redsaw - View Profile: REDSAW - Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice | Plumbers Forums | A forum for plumbers advice in the UK who will check you and then give you access to the gsr private forum."

long. ok thanks

Get that post count up. It's easy once you get going!

read the link i posted but here it is

"If you are gsr please increase your post count to 10+ then send a PM (Private Message) with your gsr details to either Gas man - View Profile: gas man - Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice | Plumbers Forums | A forum for plumbers advice in the UK or Redsaw - View Profile: REDSAW - Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice | Plumbers Forums | A forum for plumbers advice in the UK who will check you and then give you access to the gsr private forum."

I really must get round to changing that!

OP. Send pictures of the front and back of your gsr card to [email protected] once you've hit 10 posts please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to HELP! Experienced engineers advice needed please! Baxi Combi 80 hot water problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock