Search the forum,

Discuss Help, fitting a radiator in the loft. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I am new to this forum and hopefully somebody can tell me if I can or can't do this. Here it is.
20171119_180640_zpscfzc4qcj.jpg
I want to fit a radiator in the loft and thinking to fit new pipes to the existing pipes which goes to my bathroom radiator. Just want to know is this ok or a bad idea. See photos
20171120_124202_zpsondgv2g1.jpg
Any advice much appreciated.
I cannot access central pipes without lifting up the floor in corridor and that is just too much work, really don't want to do that.
Thank You for reading my post, much appreciated.

DJ

Do you know what system you have ? Combi cylinder etc

What you want to do should work assuming smallest pipe size is 15mm. Things to look out for:
1. If the pipes marked "central heating" in your diagram are 22mm should be no problem. If 15mm, then if they are feeding more than the bathroom and loft radiators might be on / over the limit of heat that 15mm pipework can carry.
2. If you have an open vented central heating system (small tank in loft) the base of that tank must be higher than the top of the loft radiator.

Hi steadyon.
1. Yes, the pipe to bathroom radiator is 15mm, however, I cannot see main pipe (central heating). Im off to work now but tomorrow I will lift up more floorboards to see if I can access and measure the main pipe. Hopefully its 22mm.
2. No, mine is a combi boiler with pressurized system, is it a problem for my project?

Dont know if it's important but forgot to mention. Boiler is on the ground floor, bathroom on the 1st floor and loft 2nd floor.

Last edited:
Combi is not a problem for what you propose. Should all be OK across ground, 1st and 2nd floors.
Great, thank you very much.
After all fitted and tested for a period of time I will come back to give feedback with any issues, hopefully none. :)

DJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help, fitting a radiator in the loft. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock