Search the forum,

Discuss Help Homeowner Q! Only luke-warm water at certain times in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,

Not sure if I'm allowed on here - I'm just a homeowner. Not a plumber/professional.

I've now had 3 plumbers visit and none seem to be able to diagnose this problem.

So, I have a standard Worcester Bosch combi boiler in my 4 bedroom, 2 bath, 1 WC flat (on 3 floors).

Heating works like a dream - no issues at all.

Hot water causing a major headache.

Sometimes I only get luke-warm water when running hot taps, including bath. First plumber changed the diverter valve but this hasn't helped anything.

Second plumber says it "might" be to do with the downstairs shower (possibly shower cartridge) but wouldn't know without pulling whole thing out (this is a fitted sauna shower).

Third says possibly something to do with any of the taps in the property.

Now I discovered something yesterday. Firsty, I ran a bath and got about 5-8 seconds of steaming hot water, then the rest of it entirely luke warm. I emptied it, then turned on kitchen tap (downstairs, nearer boiler) then ran bath again - continuous hot water for the full bath.

I'm at my wit's end.

Any suggestions on what on Earth could be causing the luke-warm water?

does the boiler stay lit all the way through when your filling the bath?

The first 5-8 seconds of hot water could be due to you having preheat turned On, flow rate can cause luke warm water, restricted plate heat ex normally results in boiler modulating up & down or on/off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help Homeowner Q! Only luke-warm water at certain times in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock