Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Help I have a drip on the washing machine tap I think. in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Drip problem

Drip problem New Member

Hello,
    I am no good at DIY but came here for help on a plumbing problem.
    I have a small leak as per picture attached, I think the shading machine tap needs replacing but I am not sure.
    Have checked the copper piping that appears fine, but the drip appears to be coming from the machine tap.
    The y plastic tap above appears to be fine. To repair the issue is this something easy to do myself plus the part wise?
    O I tried my best to seal the leak but it is not working hence the tape on the pic.

IMG_0859.JPG

2. steadyon

steadyon Active Member

Two possibilities at first glance:

1. Rubber seal inside beige plastic lower nut on Y piece is missing / damaged - replace Y piece.
    2. The blue plastic handle on the tap is preventing the beige plastic nut from tightening up sufficiently. Remove blue plastic handle. There will be a small machine screw attaching the handle to the valve spindle.

3. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

4. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Isolate and replace the valve and the y piece is my advice .

5. Drip problem

Drip problem New Member

Tx could you advise the type of valve I need, want to make sure I buy the right one. And take it I need to turn all the water off before I do the work.

6. ShaunCorbs

Check my link two posts up

7. Drip problem

Drip problem New Member

Is this Defo the right part as per pic the blue handle piece seems to bend not have two ports to it. I think the y pipe is the issue as you can see the water coming out just where the plastic nut is.

IMG_0874.JPG

8. ShaunCorbs

They leak all the time there rubbish best to replace either either two washing machine valves or the one in my link above

9. Drip problem

Drip problem New Member

Tx for your help looks like a trip to bnq is on the cards then.

10. Drip problem

Drip problem New Member

The setup is a dishwasher and washing machine they both feed from the y pipe. I assume this does not make a difference?

11. ShaunCorbs

Nope no difference just two 3/4 connectors