Search the forum,

Discuss Help! Leak from under concrete floors behind bath. Stops when boiler turned on! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

williamm

I have a leak coming from under the bath and is coming through concrete floor/wall egde. When the boiler/heating is turned on it temporarily stops. The heaters are now slowly stopping to heat up. When the water mains is turned off, it stops but this is not practical as it turned off the upstairs flats water in the conversion period house. My question is, is there anyway i can temporarily stop this leak without turning the mains water off to the whole building? Could it be the boiler which needs turning off? Or the heating system draining? Or a sentinel leak sealant put through the system? (though leak seems far too big at the moment - about 1cm with heating off.

Last edited by a moderator:
your landlord should find you somewhere else to live while the leak is fixed. it is his responsibility also his property so has every right to get it fixed. he won't thank you if you bodge it up and cause more damage.

Thanks for your reply. I am looking for somewhere else to live but my original question is how do i temporarily stop this leak whilst i do so? This is a TEMPORARY solution NOT a long-term one

Thanks for your reply. I am looking for somewhere else to live but my original question is how do i temporarily stop this leak whilst i do so? This is a TEMPORARY solution NOT a long-term one

Until you know exactly what is causing the leak, you won't know how to stop it - short or long term! It needs investigating, the cause identified and repaired. It may be a really easy fix - but until it's looked at you won't know...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help! Leak from under concrete floors behind bath. Stops when boiler turned on! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock