Search the forum,

Discuss Help needed please ! Vaillant boiler hot water but no heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

coldinwales

Hi,

dont know if I am posting in the right place - but looking for some help if possible please.

Have Vaillant combi boiler approx 4 years old.

Hot water has been a bit slow in the mornings then comes out brown, then works fine.
Electric shower blew at the weekend - think this is the pressure release valve (triton). Went into loft checked lagging on all pipes and turned off shower at stoplock in loft - left slightly dripping to prevent freezing. Checked central heating pipes lagging seemed ok.

Now no heating at all - but still have hot water (not brown).

Have tried to get out both plumber and / or Corgi but not able to come for a few days.
Any advice as to what I can do in the meantime ?

Does it sound like an airlock, frozen pipes, sludge in the system, broken divertor valve in boiler or something else that googleplumber cannot spot ?

Have small kids getting cold - so any advice welcome please.

could it be anything to do with the stoplock you turned off in the loft? turn it back on to see if the heating comes back on (long shot)

Thanks for considering my problem I will give it a try. Only problem that I can forsee is that
I will then have high pressure cold water pouring out of the shower unit. Stoplock tap thing has been turned off for a day or two - heating only stopped today.

Wondered if the brown sludge dirty water has somehow nixed the boilers central heating bit but not the hot water bit. Sorry - you can tell Im not technical !

only tryin to help lol didn't realise heating went off later i read it as the same time! more knowledgeable peeps will along soon i'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help needed please ! Vaillant boiler hot water but no heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock