Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Help what heating system is this?? in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Keeley

Keeley New Member

I am currently purchasing a property that has a cooper boiler. However in a couple of rooms there is small brown boxes that appear to look like speakers. However the estate agent seems to feel they are part of the heating system any advice would be great I have attached a picture for reference thanks

IMG_4606.jpg

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

It could be warm air unit but we would need better pics

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. jtsplumbing

jtsplumbing Plumber GSR

Need better photo, but may be Myson fan heaters, that work off heating pipes , are there any radiators in the rooms ?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Keeley

Keeley New Member

Yeh there are radiators in the room also running off cooper boiler. There is one of those brown boxes in two bedrooms then in the living room a larger brown box with dials but I haven't got a picture of this until I get the keys. Just trying to find out some information so I know what to expect. Thanks

5. jtsplumbing

jtsplumbing Plumber GSR

Could be some sort of heat recovery system ?

6. scott_d

scott_d Plumber GSR

Baxi Bermuda wall mounted heater?

7. jtsplumbing

jtsplumbing Plumber GSR

Seems strange as he's got rads has well, be interesting to see this box with the dials on

8. Keeley

Keeley New Member

As soon as I can get more pictures I'll up load them. They look like speakers from the front like s mesh material covering them and on the size is like a removal cover a bit like the back of a remote. The house is very old fashioned inside so just hoping not a major job to remove.

9. Keeley

Keeley New Member

IMG_4606.jpg
    The removal cover is just to the side of the box.

10. scott_d

scott_d Plumber GSR

You should probably budget for a modern heating system

11. jtsplumbing

jtsplumbing Plumber GSR

is the
    Is there any pipes going into the units ?

12. Keeley

Keeley New Member

None that are visable

13. jtsplumbing

jtsplumbing Plumber GSR

No pipes then its not connected to the heating system maybe it is some old sound system after all

14. Stoney Ground

Stoney Ground GSR

Either look for a room stat or a volume control:rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Keeley

Keeley New Member

The rooms up stairs have been applied with polystyrene tiles so no pipe work is visable from just looking I guess I won't know more until I remove tiles once keys are released. I was just hoping somebody knew what they was from past experiences thanks

16. jtsplumbing

jtsplumbing Plumber GSR

Quick question, you say running off a copper boiler, I think you are referring to the hot water cylinder, Have you any idea what boiler is fitted,? on a wall somewhere or Back Boiler with gas fire in front. but its looking like you need the system updating hope you made allowance for this when you bought the house or you could be in for a nasty shock.

17. Keeley

Keeley New Member

We have got savings for modernisation. The house has a copper boiler in an airing cupboard in bathroom. A gas fire in living room. Radiators in all rooms and these brown boxes in two bedrooms.

18. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Sounds like an old baxi back boiler on the fire

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Keeley

Keeley New Member

Thanks

20. jtsplumbing

jtsplumbing Plumber GSR

No you don't have a Copper Boiler, you have a Hot water storage cylinder, By the sounds of it your BOILER that produces the hot water is behind the gas fire, most common are Baxi or Glow-Worm units.