Search the forum,

Discuss help with Adey Magnaclean 2 fitting please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I'm about to fit a Magnaclean 2 on my combi boiler return, stupidly I played around with it as was curious about the quick release mechanism - I took off the spacer and fitted the bit with the red wheel and then slid on the canister with the two collets. It says to wind the red wheel out and lock against canister - I did this but think I was too enthusiastic turning the wheel, guessing now it just means stop when its snug, I wound it out and something sort of clicked or popped, possibly something on one of the collets - trouble is now if I back the wheel off the canister does not want to slide off the valves. I was hoping to demount it and fit the spacer before cutting the pipe out and doing up the compression nuts, I suppose I can just fit the whole lump and fill up, hoping for the best. Don't want to trash a £90 item.
Thanks for any advice - should I try to remove it now or just leave it ,jammed on and see if it leaks? Worried if I try to pry it off I would knacker the collets or something.

Any chance of Pic of what you mean

And you won't have broken it there as tough as old boots

Basically i tightened the red wheel hard against the canister and now when i loosen the wheel i cant pull the canister off the two pipe stubs that stick out from the valve block.
20180121_235541.jpg

Slacken the red thumb wheel

Put the whole lot on the floor valves first (eg valves on the floor and the body / canister upright)

Push the body / canister to the valves will move a tiny bit

Valve in one hand and with the other squeeze the plastic piece that's the red thumb wheel is attached to to the body and pull on the valve out

Hope this helps

Excellent thanks its off, although the valve block did separate it looks like it will click together

Another question , in the photo hopefully the socket is visible and to the right a vertical 22mm heating return. I guess its not best practise to mount these things above sockets. Id rather not move the socket, could an outside type electric 2 plug socket be used as a swap? Im just thinking if it leaks, but all boiler valves above also. Worst case if it got soaked would 240 socket just trip switch in fuse box or what. Im sure these things woth sockets are encountered daily and fitters know what is too risky. So socket ok or need to do something?

20180122_001253.jpg

20180122_001435.jpg

A gas fitter did the boiler and I'm diying the radiator - so my bit is a first attempt and a bit of an abortion, I've tried to tee it off and will just put a drain on them in case I want to extend - just thought I'd explain before anyone mentions the dodgy bending, soldering and layout. Its the socket in relation to the intended filter position that i want to know if i can get away with leaving as is, thanks.

Yes it pushes back in

And fine the only time you have to watch it is when your cleaning it other than that the socket will be fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to help with Adey Magnaclean 2 fitting please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning everyone, if anyone could please offer advice on this issue it would help me with a massive issue regarding the water supply in my flat. My flat kitchen and bathroom was always on mains supply (no tank supply at all) and the rest of the 5 flats were mains supply to kitchen and water...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a system boiler (Worcester Bosch). There is a Magnaclean filter fitted, which I assumed was just on the central heating. Heating was turned on a couple of days ago and the pressure on the boiler has been dropping. Last night I made sure the heating side was turned off, wrapped...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
I have a Worcester Heatslave 11 oil combi boiler 3 years old with a Adey MagnaClean micro 2 fitted. Ive had a slow water leak for a long time loosing about 0.5 bar of pressure every 2 weeks. The leak was there before with my old boiler. Ive checked all the radiators and PRV valve and cant...
Replies
Views
B
Hi everyone, I have a Santon Premier Plus PP120E (unvented direct immersion heater) fitted with two thermostats, which provides hot water to taps and shower. The central heating runs from a separate system. On the PP120E: Bottom thermostat is set it to 4 out of 5 (approx. 60C), and connected...
Replies
Views
Bridog
B
I have a Neo-Angle shower tray, … imagine an oblong with corner cut at 45 degree It’s 1.2m x 0.9m The ‘Roman’ shower door has failed, the only shower door that fits this tray is a now a ‘Roman’ glass frameless style. Ordered it and I have hit a problem Installation is by fixing the vertical...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock