Discuss Help with Hep20 connector on shower inlet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Could do with advice on how to disconnect what I think is an old grey Hep20 connector.

Elbow connector connects direct to the electric shower inlet. Elbow then connects to another elbow via short piece of pipe (so short hardly any is visible between the two elbows).

Question is, how do I get the elbow off the inlet so as to replace the shower! Help!

Photo attached as above description isn't great!

Thanks.

IMG_20181018_193018.jpg

undo the collar eg the bit with knurls turn that to the right until its unscrews

should be easier with the shower loose eg not screwed / fixed to the wall

undo the collar eg the bit with knurls turn that to the right until its unscrews

should be easier with the shower loose eg not screwed / fixed to the wall

Cheers - tried that initially and failed, but now used a bit more brute force and has loosened. Thanks for the info.

As above. The only bit that will be a pain is the metal collar that grips to the pipe.

Yes there still available

Or if the shower is broken cut the plastic spigot and pull the plastic spigot through

If that makes sense

Not now same Shaun. Are they entirely compatible when swapping bits? OP needs to be exceptionally careful removing andcdef needs new Oring as it will be deformed now.

Slowly getting there. So you're right, shower instructions say use brass compression connector.

So next question... How do I remove the other part of the elbow? Simple unscrew and remove from courtc pipe? If so then can put brass elbow on instead.

Another photo attached of how isit looking currently.

Cheers

View attachment IMG_20181019_204957.jpg

Every joint will be the same as the first so you will be stuck with what you had after dismantling the first one.

1. The old Hep requires a small tool to release the grab ring, but you have no room to loosen the nut to get the tool in, even if you could get the tool.
2. I don't think you have any option but to cut the fitting off with a hacksaw. Cut through the nut on the visible side, rotate it and cut through the other side. Remove the nut and you should be able to slide the elbow part of the fitting off from the front of the pipe. Use a pair of cutters to cut through the green plastic shield for the grab ring, then cut through the grab ring. The remains of the fitting should then come off the front of the pipe. Clean the pipe up and you should be able to use a brass compression elbow for the new shower.

Reply to Help with Hep20 connector on shower inlet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back