Search the forum,

Discuss Help with repressurising Ecotec plus please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Please can you help?
I have a Vaillant Ectotec plus.(4 years old) and a megaflo. For some reason it has just stopped working . The screen is flashing F22 and stating the pressure is O bar. So I have tried to repressurise it between 1 and 2 bar but I can only get it go up to 0.3. I opened up the two black valves either side of the external silver braded filling loop hose. After about I minute I couldn't hear the water running into the boiler any more. The filling noise has stopped and boiler is silent. Am I supposed to turn any other valves?
I have turned the boiler off but you can only see notices on the screen when it is turned on.
Would be very grateful for your thoughts
Betty

Hi Please can you help?
I have a Vaillant Ectotec plus.(4 years old) and a megaflo. For some reason it has just stopped working . The screen is flashing F22 and stating the pressure is O bar. So I have tried to repressurise it between 1 and 2 bar but I can only get it go up to 0.3. I opened up the two black valves either side of the external silver braded filling loop hose. After about I minute I couldn't hear the water running into the boiler any more. The filling noise has stopped and boiler is silent. Am I supposed to turn any other valves?
I have turned the boiler off but you can only see notices on the screen when it is turned on.
Would be very grateful for your thoughts
Betty

Is there two Grey knobs beneath the Boiler ?
If so you need to turn both. they will only turn one way and only quarter of a turn.

Please see photo... Yes the water pressure in taps seems ok. I did notice about a week ago though in middle of night when getting some water, there was very little water coming from the kitchen tap....not sure if it was Thames Water working on system

Heating system.jpg

Make sure that the stop tap is opened correctly and make sure that there is not a stop tap in the cupboard that has been turned off.

Edit due to not reading post

Just a side note there know to have issues with blocking up of the sensor so it doesn't read correct system pressure

I don't think there is a stop tap??
Have you removed the hose and blown through it. To make sure it’s not blocked.
If it is clear get an Gas Safe our to clear the blockage as Sean has said.

I just checked system and can see boiler was on. Pressure is now registering 3.1 bar in use?!
Not sure what is going on

I just checked system and can see boiler was on. Pressure is now registering 3.1 bar in use?!
It will be what shaun said. There will be muck stuck in the system that needs cleaning out.

dont fire the boiler up

have you got a small container if you have bleed a rad via the air bleed screw until you get it around 1-1.5 bar cold or 2-2.5 bar if the system is warm

dont fire the boiler up

have you got a small container if you have bleed a rad via the air bleed screw until you get it around 1-1.5 bar cold or 2-2.5 bar if the system is warm
Pressure sensor will still need sorting though Shaun. Get an engineer out to sort t for you. Otherwise it will do not again.

Pressure sensor will still need sorting though Shaun. Get an engineer out to sort t for you. Otherwise it will do not again.

yes but to get her by for now, least she will have heating and hot water

I have turned boiler back on and bled rads - think I got it 2.6 bar whilst running, bled some more about 2 -3 cups and then it went 2.7. Can't trust what it is so have turned it off....don't want to damage boiler or megaflo

I had to turn boiler on to see pressure on system...otherwise you are bleeding rads and don't know what pressure is. It's a bit stupid you have to have boiler on to read pressure. Valliant must have a few perplexed customers because of this

Plumb base do a filling loop with built in pressure gauge, handy to have a gauge near to where you fill system or else you need two people one on filling loop and one watching pressure on boiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help with repressurising Ecotec plus please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock