Search the forum,

Discuss Help with Sink. basin waste kit in use in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

Desperately in need of help. Getting very annoyed with myself

Replaced the click plug in my bathroom for a new Basin Slotted one along with the Thomas Dudley Basin Waste kit

All relatively straightforward to put together but why is it still dripping

I'm using the preexisting metal nut and done that as tight as I can

Is it still dripping because I just haven't done it up tight enough or should I get a plastic nut.

It seems to be coming from one specific area as well not all around the thread

Or do I need to wait for the silicone to fully dry before testing

I hate doing these things because they are never as easy as I think

Any advice though will be greatly appreciated

Did you put silicone on the bottom nut or just the top flange ?

I’ve gone back to plumbers mait in preference to silicone.
Remove the holding nut from below, make yourself a nice little sausage of plumbers mait and pack the place it around the base of the China filling the space between the wastes threads and the basin. When you run the nut up, using the provided washer too, it will squash the mait into a nice seal and also up into the gap.
You can test it immediately as it’s non setting.

I’ve gone back to plumbers mait in preference to silicone.
Remove the holding nut from below, make yourself a nice little sausage of plumbers mait and pack the place it around the base of the China filling the space between the wastes threads and the basin. When you run the nut up, using the provided washer too, it will squash the mait into a nice seal and also up into the gap.
You can test it immediately as it’s non setting.
Worked a treat.

Thank you so much

Running the tap now and sat watching for leaks but none to be seen

Reply to Help with Sink. basin waste kit in use in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock