Discuss Help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dave Meiklejohn

Hi Gents

I know bugger all about plumbing so I wonder if the experts can help

Need some advice

I've just bought a house in France and the toilet is in a very small square room (2m by 2m).

A shower room backs on to this toilet room (other side of shared wall) but the large shower room doesn't have a toilet so my idea was to install a new toilet in the shower room and as the shower room shares a wall with the toilet room it would be a straightforward job.

Both toilets will be nearly back to back too.

The English plumber has looked at it and advised me to remove the WC in the small room and just have a WC in the shower room.
He said there would be ventilation problems if we had 2 x WCs so close to each other and this would cause the WC's to steal water from each other, resulting in poor flushing.

Is this correct?

Thanks!

Hi Dave, Lucky you, hope the house is in the south of France - away from the c**p british winter! Sounds like your plumber may be talking about the vent, or lack of it. if you do not have a sufficient soil vent pipe then the water and, er, solid matter will not flush properly. Perhaps the existing toilet is not properly vented - in this country that would be a 110mm soil vent pipe up through the roof, or on the outside of the property (or an air admittance valve). do you have this?

by the way, i am not a plumber, just done a bit in my time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock