Search the forum,

Discuss Hep2o to radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Ktm640

Hi All,

I am in the process of fitting a new central heating system to our house.

I intend to run the flow and return pipes in Hep2o but wanted some advice on connecting to the radiators.

Would you always connect to the rads in copper? I have read you can take 15mm Hep2o branches off the flow and returns to the rads but would you recommend taking it all the way or change to copper before final connection to the rads?

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Change to copper before the final connections to the radiators.

Plastic looks horrible and it bends when it's hot - which makes it look even worse.

I thought that might be the case. Our house has solid floors downstairs so I will be changing to copper just above the ceiling and dropping the legs down the walls in copper. For the upstairs I will be using short risers in copper from just below the floorboards.

That's the plan at the moment anyway.

Can you see any issue with using plastic between the floor and ceiling void and copper where it's visible?

Many Thanks

I thought that might be the case. Our house has solid floors downstairs so I will be changing to copper just above the ceiling and dropping the legs down the walls in copper. For the upstairs I will be using short risers in copper from just below the floorboards.

That's the plan at the moment anyway.

Can you see any issue with using plastic between the floor and ceiling void and copper where it's visible?

Many Thanks

I see no problems, this is the normal practise..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hep2o to radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock