Search the forum,

Discuss Hi I'm Emily in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work at Spitalfields City Farm - a small community farm in Central London. We are a charity and rely on lots of volunteer help. I am responsible for the general maintenance of the site.

Welcome along, Emily, intriguing first post.

How can we help you?

Welcome along, Emily, intriguing first post.

How can we help you?

We are open to the public and have high footfall eg yesterday morning we had three classes of school children totalling about 90 kids using our 2 toilets as the third was broken. We have 3 toilets with macerators fitted which constantly break due to members of the public flushing inappropriate things down them - I am looking into a better solution - trying to learn how to fix them myself - I have had conflicting advice from different plumbers - the best so far was Saniaccess1 which I have ordered the domestic macerators aren't really designed to the high level of use we have here and I am having difficulties researching the industrial type that they use in prisons and public places. The toilets were installed approx. 6 years ago - prior to that we had one outdoor toilet. Apparently before the macerators were installed there were many pipe blockages but that was before my time. Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated as I have no plumbing qualifications and am completely self taught.

Welcome Emily. I assume as you're in charge of maintenance, and are posting on a plumbers' forum, you're looking for volunteer plumbers? There are quite a few of us based in and around London so do post on here if you need anything specific and I'm sure someone will be able to help...

Hi Emily, are you looking for help ? you never said what your problem is !!

Auto reply:
Emily is out of the office now and will reply on her return. (lol).

Last edited:
Proberly seen Croppie's photo and thinks one of her Animals has got out !

I think that is very unfair to the animals! :smiley2:

(Guess I`d better add it`s unfair on crops as well) :uhoh2:

Welcome Emily. I assume as you're in charge of maintenance, and are posting on a plumbers' forum, you're looking for volunteer plumbers? There are quite a few of us based in and around London so do post on here if you need anything specific and I'm sure someone will be able to help...

Hi Masood - Thank you very much! We would be very grateful for any volunteer help we could get - at the moment all is working ok - I just installed the new macerator myself yesterday and all is working well but we are thinking about a longer term solution as domestic macerators are really not working for us!

Hey mods, have you finished frisking Emily for unsavoury posts yet? Is it safe for her to enter the forum? lol

For commercial pumps look at twin motor Jung and KSB sewage stations or pumping stations (Go 415v if you have it). Go for twin motors then the second motor will do the job until you close the toilets for maintenance. Fit isolation valves on all the inlets and the outlet then it is easy to remove and unblock the jammed motor in question. Expensive in the short run but if you add up all the yearly costs with what you have it can be the way to go.

With most domestic macerators you can unblock or replace a couple of parts numerous times before replacing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hi I'm Emily in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I am involved in a local charity which is fundraising to restore a local pub into a community hub (and also a pub). The pub which is The Hop Pole in Limpley Stoke is in the middle of the village and it's been closed for about 4 years but the local community have raised enough money to buy it...
Replies
Views
Hi there, looking to gain experience as a plumber's mate in Essex area, I'm from Rayleigh and have a full driving licence and Van. Looking for a step into domestic plumbing. I have experience working in general property maintenance for a family business. I have completed a Level 2 technical...
Replies
Views
    • Love
Hi folks, old and new. I'm back on the tools, back on the forums. I'm working for myself since the start of this year and just know I will be needing your help and advice sooner or later, probably sooner. This place is too good of a resource to miss out on, especially flying solo, so here I am...
Replies
Views
Hi, Non-professional / knowledgeable person here. I'm a Brit in Romania who volunteers for a charity building an old peoples home for needy old people. Out here competence and integrity is harder to come by in a worker, in fact it's hard to find workers at all where we are in the countryside...
Replies
Views
Hi, I live in a really remote part of the Highlands, so paying for a plumber (or electrician?) to do this will be brutally expensive, so I need to do it myself. I have a Grant Combi 26e boiler. I'm replacing the old thermostat with a new one. Although the boiler is a combi, I think the old...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock