Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Discuss Highest head macerator in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Captain.rick

Captain.rick GSR

Hi guys/girls

In case any of you guys don't know I'm pretty much just a gas man.. so I'm not too clued up of all aspects of plumbing.

The question I have is what is the highest pump head selling macerator? I kind of need one on my own house as it will probably be the cheapest and quickest option.
    I have found the grundfos sololift2 to be the better one at 6 meters but at that height it will only pump about 8 meters horizontal. I need 6 meters high and about 9 meters horizontal.
    Any ideas? I know everyone hates then but it's for an "I'm in the bloody shower " emergency moment more than a regular use toilet

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

@rpm@rpm any chance you know off the top of your head

3. Captain.rick

Captain.rick GSR

Hi Shaun, I don't Sorry, I think I may have just figured it out by looking in their book. It looks like if I run it in 40mm it will go a lot further somewhere in region of 25/30m even though I wouldn't trust it

Do you have any experience of these ones?

4. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

Just create a water slide with a roding eye in 32 or 40mm

• Like Like x 1
  5. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Was tagging rpm in as he's the pump whisper

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Captain.rick

Captain.rick GSR

Hehe sorry... bit stupid today

7. Captain.rick

Captain.rick GSR

Great thanks guys, would you do 40mm straight off or work up in 32 and do horizontal 40?

8. rpm

Think the Grundfos starts in 32 mm for the vertical after that you can use either. It doesn't really matter cos the horizontal won't be full of water.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Captain.rick

Captain.rick GSR

Ok great thanks for the advice, really appreciate it

10. rpm

No worries