Search the forum,

Discuss Hive v Nest in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I have a client who loves a gadget. He has 2 heating circuits (ground floor controlled by hard wired room stat, and 1st/2nd floor with a stat that would need to be wireless) plus a Worcester unvented hot water cylinder. Time control is via a 3 channel Horstmann.

He has asked for either a Nest or Hive system to control the heating.

I've fitted the nest a couple of times, but haven't had any feedback from it. No experience of the Hive.

Which of these two would you recommend?

I assume the wireless stat would need to plug into the mains for both of these?

Am I best to just leave hot water control on the Horstmann?

Hi, I have hive on my system, its the heating and hot water variant and I don't know how i managed without it! The wireless stat is battery powered so no wiring needed for that, unlike the nest. Also the reciever was a direct replacement for my existing programmer so it fitted straight onto the existing back plate with no modification. The only change I needed was to link the live and switched live together from the old room stat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hive v Nest in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock