Search the forum,

Discuss HIVE + Vaillant VR66 (w/Ecotec 637 Pro) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

I was looking to get a Hive for the plumbing system at home, but noted in the manual that it's not compatible with a VR65 Control Center. I'm using a VR66. I was just wondering if anyone could advise if it's more than likely the same (below) applies to the VR66.

"Heating control systems incompatible with Hive Active Heating

Vaillant VR 65 Control Centre - This is an external controller fitted to some compatible Vaillant boilers. It’s part of the existing central heating system and isn’t compatible with other external heating controls. Hive can’t be installed with it unless the engineer removes the Valiant external controller. "

Any advice would be welcome.

Actually, I've just noticed that Vaillant do a Smart Controller that uses the eBus. I think this may be the best option instead.

Thanks again,

Yes if you wanted the hive you would have to remove the vr66 and rewire to get rid of the ebus controls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to HIVE + Vaillant VR66 (w/Ecotec 637 Pro) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few threads on a few different forums but I wanted to share a full write-up with all the steps needed, benefits and costs. Overall, I fully recommend...
Replies
Views
Does anyone have experience of using a VR33 (for Heating OpenTherm control with Nest) and a VR66 for Hot Water Priority with Vaillant system boilers? I'm specifically using an EcoTec plus 624 I've got a system working with a Nest and VR66 to provide hot water priority and it works well with...
Replies
Views
We have an all Vaillant setup - an EcoTEC Plus 637 system boiler plus wired VR720 and VR92 SensoCOMFORT controller, driving two CH zones plus DHW. It all works, but unfortunately we have found that the room stats are poorly located, and so the level of control is not what it should be. We had...
Replies
Views
I recently had a new 2023 Vaillant ecoTec plus 630 (30kW) system boiler installed along with a Low Loss Header (LLH) in my house. I have 21 rads in the house and a room with UFH. The LLH was introduced as I was finding (before the LLH was fitted) that my old boiler (Vaillant heat-only boiler)...
Replies
Views
I am trying to help my dad decide with a boiler replacement, can't decide between Vaillant Ecotec Pro 30kw or Viessmann Vitodens 100 30kw. The boiler will be going in the exact same spot as before. Both will have a system cleanse, inhibitor and magnetic filter (I am not sure which brand or...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock