Search the forum,

Discuss Hive wiring for system that had a CH relay in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all.

Got a Hive install where the HW works fine, however the CH isn't. Currently the CH seems to be switched on via this Honeywell relay that's in the airing cupboard.

Anyone know how to wire this thing up? I'm guessing the relay needs to be removed, and the HW on from the Hive needs to be routed correctly to operate the valves.

Attached some pics. Pic 1 shows the honeywell relay. Pic 2 shows the inside of the junction box.

The cable marked '2' comes from the Hive receiver. The other cable taped to it goes back to the boiler.

Top right cable with white insulation goes to the relay.

Cables with black insulation go to two different valves.

White insulated cable top left goes to a stat on the HW tank.

Any pointers greatly appreciated.

IMG_1582.jpg

IMG_1587.jpg

Reply to Hive wiring for system that had a CH relay in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I am trying to link a Hive heating & hot water dual channel receiver to an old Vaillant THERMOcompact VU GB 242/1 E system boiler. It has an internal programmer that is similar to a time switch 120 (plug in seven day programmer) This programmer is connect to a terminal strip using 345 (three...
Replies
Views
I'm replacing my multi-zone Danfoss controllers with Hive, so far the downstairs Hive receiver is wired in and working well. I'm having a problem wiring in the Hive Single Channel receiver to replace a Danfoss TP 4000 for the upstairs zone. The TP 4000 is battery powered and has 2 connected...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone - despite my best efforts I can't seem find a clear answer on how to wire a single channel Hive Receiver to a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 4000 30kw. I've attached 2 photos showing the connections on the receiver and boiler. With great hope you experts out there can help - thankyou!
Replies
Views
Hi I’m looking to install the above. Atm I have an older one fitted (old wireless thermostat and old receiver that’s wired into my combi boiler. Pic below shows how my current one is wired, live neutral and would the 2x black wires be switch wires and would matter what way they were wired in? My...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented tank, zone vavles, pump, expansion is on first floor in airing cupboard - Currently piped as S-plan. - Hive controls. - Would like to fit 6-zone...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock