hmrc

Discuss hmrc in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

ambrosia

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
just spent 45min on phone to hmrc, result i have a horrible headache and have to wait 72 hours for them to update my details then do it all again

why do they make it so hard and complicated to pay tax, the complication is ridiculous, honestly; self assessment, cis, ni, vat, corporation tax and capital gains, why does it have to be so complicated. And when it goes wrong like you forget a password, its not like a bank where its a quick phone call and your account is reset, its a major issue

I think in court if you just say i didnt pay my taxes because i was unable to penetrate the bureaucracy of companies house and hmrc, so I simply worked out how much tax i owed and gave it to a registered charity, if hmrc want to know where my taxes are theyre with 'Help the Aged' and the local food bank.
seems legitimate to me

when i'm in charge i'm going to bundle all of he above taxes into one tax so you just pay tax, i'm going to merge hmrc with companies house. The above changes will save the country a fortune and all those unnecessary staff which wont be needed under a simplified system can re train as plumbers

I'm sure they may be reading this, they are all salt of the earth types, nicer bunch of blokes you'd struggle to find.

Must get my self assessment done, mumble

+ 1 I had an Vat audit in 2013 they discovered a discrepancy of a declared £130.00 which was not vat eligible it cost about £20 to rectify.
I would bet it cost them at least £100000000 to send 2 people to sift through my books to find that. To add to this they are miserable and think they they are the law.
My point being is I Run My company I pay my employees wages I pay my taxes.I pay NI contributions for employing people and all that goes with it
It must have cost them nearly a thousand pound to get me a small nobody for twenty quid

Rant over

Yeah but

1) The total amount in lost tax across a populations of the self-empoyed is humungous and so establishing the principle of being as discrenenary as a terminator in indiviaul cases is one they consider worthwhile

2) Governments - at least from an anarcho syndicalism viewpoint - are principally there to protect property (in it's loosest definition, thereby including money) from the masses. Making people feel powerless against an omnipotent and tireless bureaucracy is a good bulwark against the slippery slope which starts with self-bettering proles and ends with the enfranchisement of the filthy masses

3) They're just not very good at what they do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to hmrc in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock