Search the forum,

Discuss Honeywell 832.3 Timing Diagram in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0ft

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
It perhaps is just understanding the wording related to the seconds in the specifications.
Pre purge is basically just the power put to the motor for the seconds stated (motor turns fan)
Pre ignition (for transformer) is what is says and after that period is the power to solenoid valve to open on oil pump for flame ignition.
Post ignition period (after flame) should switch off at the time stated while allowing burner to keep running if photocell is working and can see a proper flame.

So - first is -
Motor with fan going,
then pre ignition added,
then power to valve (solenoid) for oil to nozzle and flame should light,
then post ignition for a period,
and finally ignition off if photocell has view of flame.
Note that the seconds stated are approximate and can vary, including the reset period if a lockout on control box occurred.
Much of the above can be verified by listening to the burner as it goes through its start up control box time sequence.

Last edited:
I couldn't put it better myself. It's pretty much same with Gas but using flame ionisation instead of photocell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Honeywell 832.3 Timing Diagram in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm. This question is for my own house setup. We are really fortunate to have a large house, about 5,000sqft in total over 3 floors. It was built around...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm. This question is for my own house setup. We are really fortunate to have a large house, about 5,000sqft in total over 3 floors. It was built around...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
Hello All and thanks Lou i did write a reply but it would not let me send it? i am not sure what I am meant to write and I do not want to come over the wrong way so please keep in mind I am 57 and at school in the 70s back then was kicked out the lessons and put in remedial classes (before...
Replies
Views
After the success of yesterday's posting, and the constructive support I received I wonder if I could please test the skills of the wise again, as today I've a problem of my own to resolve. I called out a gas engineer this morning because our boiler, an elderly Ideal Concord CX 240 P, has...
Replies
Views
Hi, some professional advice would be greatly appreciated, We are having an Unvented Cylinder installed into our 2 bedroom ground floor flat. I have had a few quotes and been given lots of differing advice, this always makes me wary, especially having suffered a history of poor quality work by...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock