Search the forum,

Discuss Honeywell cm907 room thermostat. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
We live in a 2 bedroom detached bungalow with a Vaillant Eco Tec Pro 28 combi and a Honeywell cm907 two wire thermostat. The whole installation is 5 years old, and now the lcd display on the stat is loosing pixels. Having looked on the internet I can see this is a common problem and there are bodge fixes but I doubt any will provide a permanent solution. For about £70 I can buy an identical replacement which I can install without even touching the wiring (just swap faceplates) ,but here is the dilemma:- the Honeywell is quite a clever programmer with temperature settings variable by the hour and day of the week + other clever stuff, however I just switched it to manual 5 years ago (so it's active 24/7) and the wife and I adjust the settings as required (she turns it up,I turn it down). For around £20 I can buy a non-programmable two wire thermostat which should provide the control we need and save us OAPs £50 .
Is there any problem with the cheap option? WCPGW.
Thanks.

Not many issues at all.

Just find out the voltage that is operating the system thermostat - either 240 volts, 24 volts or 12 volts.
If it's 24 volts or less you can use any thermostat you wish.
If it's 240 volts you will have to find something that is suitable - less choice.

If you decide to change it for a simple room stat and just leave the heating on 24/7 and the room stat controls when the boiler heats, you need a digital room stat as you don't have a neutral connection at the stat (just live in live out)

So you can't just go for a stnd mechanical room stat like the 6360b as these need a neutral connection to be accurate if you don't use a neutral on these stats there accuracy is about + or - 5dc

Thank you all for your replys. I now have more answers than questions. Decisions,Decisions!

If you would like something similar to the one that you have already. Try this one. Cheap and cheerful and made by Honeywell and aparently no display problems.

IMG_0109.PNG

thats the wireless version mate hes got the wired one
Sorry mate one of the kids woke up before I had finished what I was doing. Must have clicked post by accident. Was going to say if you can stretch to it have one of these. I also have started to fit draytons

Sorry mate one of the kids woke up before I had finished what I was doing. Must have clicked post by accident. Was going to say if you can stretch to it have one of these. I also have started to fit draytons

:D everything ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Honeywell cm907 room thermostat. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock