Search the forum,

Discuss Hoping for some help about a cold radiator please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a radiator in the living room that is cold at the bottom and only slightly better at the top . We've seen videos about a few things to try but we don't know how to turn the valve as we've never seen one like it before . 20160105_221129.jpg Is there any chance someone can tell me what it is or how to turn it please ? Thanks .

The head has come off that valve so you won't be able to turn it.

Unscrew the knurled nut under the black plastic part, and remove the plastic bit. The radiator should now come on full blast. You should be able to get another thermostatic head to fit onto the existing valve body.

Sounds like sludge to me. Cold at the bottom, also 8mm microbore pipe by the look of it

Thank you both for answering . We have taken off the black plastic bit and it is marginally warmer at the top now so I think the next thing we're going to do is remove it and try flushing it through .

Leanne be careful if you take it off ,microbore can tend to be a 'bit of a pig' if you disturb it .

Thanks for the advice Jon , husband says we're removing the radiator from the valve not the valve from the microbore if that makes any sense . I just hope we don't cock it up !

best replace the trv head with a new one before you remove the rad or things will get rather messy

I think jon means that it can bend and kink if it catches as you take off the radiator

I think jon means that it can bend and kink if it catches as you take off the radiator

Yep , i have to go to one on monday where my customer took his off while decorating , and now its leaking !! I warned him lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hoping for some help about a cold radiator please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Everyone, I hope someone might be able to help please. I hope this isn't a daft question. I am trying to remove the side panels on my radiator to get in to clean it, but they seem to be secured by a small screw underneath (on the valve housing). Can someone please advise me if I can just...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need to remove some radiators for redecorating and went to try and shut off the valves either side of my rad. I have TRV on one side and on the other side I noticed a blank top with no valve or peg sticking out that allows you to turn on or off (see pictures). I checked the other rads in...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or garden, run-of-the-mill British housing estate CH setup. Downstairs radiator, 1 of 2 in our living room, went cold one evening mid-November last...
Replies
Views
Would like some help please as my Drayton Wiser system is a mess. I had 2 TRVs in the lounge, one in the main bedroom, the rest of the house - 6 other radiators and 2 bathroom towel radiators are just normal valve s. We live in a 4-bed, 3 storey house, as converted loft. Common problems were...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm a reasonably experienced DIY plumber but just can't work out why the last new rad I've installed is cold - would really appreciate your help please. I've extended an existing 'run' of radiators - the last one on the run ( in downstairs kitchen) is cold. The first rad added is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock