Search the forum,

Discuss Horizontal soil stack correct fittings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi,

I'm putting a new toilet in my extension and there is roughly a 4m horizontal run from the new toilet location where it then drops vertically down to the under croncrete soil pipe.

The issue is that I've currently got two 92.5 branch fittings connecting this horizontal run to the vertical AAV position (left fitting in photo) and wall hung toilet (right fitting). Is this the correct way to do this?

Cheers,

IMG_5319.JPG

Is the toilet connection the right hand branch with access on the end ?and the vent next to it a picture from above would help cheers kop

If the stack is open vented to the atmosphere it should not need an extra AAV but if it is required then it is good practice to have the AAV furthest away from the Stack. So WC branch nearest to the stack then the AAV last. The opposite way round to the way you have described it. But to be honest it will work OK your way round. The main point here is to make sure you have adequate fall on the 4m vertical run, you need between a 1 in 40 max to a 1 in 110 min fall for it to be self cleansing. And pipe support no more than 1m apart.

Thanks for the replies.

Here is the photo of the above installation as it stands.

That's an interesting point about the AAV and I'll see if I can make that change.

My other concern was that to get the AAV pipe vertical I had to put a fair bit or force on it as it wanted to lean to the right as you look at it.

Cheers again for your help

IMG_5320.JPG

Looks fine to me other than like the guys have said on the vent joint

Thanks all for your help. I will take all the comments on board and I'm glad that I can use the branch fittings in this way.

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Horizontal soil stack correct fittings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new thread so what's the best way of connecting the two? Cheers, Peter
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock