Search the forum,

Discuss Hot Water and Heating not working at same time??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andymcc

Hi All.
I would really appreciate some advice if possible.
I had new smart meters installed last week by British Gas, all seemed ok at the time but i have since realised that i cannot get the hot water and heating to work at the same time.
If i turn off the heating and turn on water the water works fine.
If i turn off the water and turn on heating that works fine but they do not both work at the same time.
The motorised valve seems to be operating fine as it moves one way fully when water is switched on and then fully the other way when heating is switched on and the water is turned off.
This is really confusing me as it has been working fine all the time until now??????
I have a worcester bosch greenstar ri boiler
Horstmanns c27 programmer
Honeywell cm907
and a Honeywell v4073 motorised valve.

Thanks in advance for any assistance given
Cheers

Obviously it's an electrical fault, and by the sounds of it a complicated one. My money's on the progrmmer, have it checked by a qualified engineer.

Right ok. So the programmer could have gone faulty just because the engineer turned off the power when fitting the smart meters as he did nothing else other than turn electric off to fit meter and gas off to fit that meter . Also can someone advise if the motorised valve should only have two positions one for water and one for heating as i wondered if it should have a third for hw and ch. Thanks again

so you reckon fault is programmer not allowing both hw and ch to be on at the same time even though they work separately off the programmer.Cheers

so you reckon fault is programmer not allowing both hw and ch to be on at the same time even though they work separately off the programmer.Cheers

Impossible today for sure unless it's tested properly by someone with experience and a multi meter.

I just wanted to say thank you to leo21 I changed the programmer today and all back to normal, you are a star cheers and happy new year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hot Water and Heating not working at same time??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock