Search the forum,

Discuss hot water keeps cutting out on combi system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

obseen16

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi all,
i replaced a kitchen tap for a customer this morning, it was a like for like tap same model etc, after fitting this tap i tested it and it worked fine pressure was good on hot and cold. however i got a call this afternoon from the customer about 5hours later saying she has no water in any taps. i called round and took a look. the cold water runs ok but if i turn the hot tap on it will run hot water for about a minute and then dribble to a stop. i checked the taps in the bathroom and the cold runs okish. i turned the hot tap on in the bathroom and it ran, i then turned the cold tap on and the hot water stopped dead. to me this seems like it could be that their is temporary low pressure in the mains. or could it be a boiler problem? (system is run off a combi not gravity fed).

or could it be something else???

customer thinks it could be something to do with the stop tap as cold pressure "isnt as good as it normally is".
the inside stop tap didnt turn very much at all so i used the external stop tap at the property boundary. could i have dislodged anything in the inside stop tap??? i only turned it quarter of a turn before it became stiff and then turned it quarter of a turn back. cant see that causing the stop tap to cause a blockage.

thanks for that i advised the customer that it is possibly the stop tap. however the customer has decided to try to change it himself which is fair enough. hope that sorts his problem out. thanks for your help AJS. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to hot water keeps cutting out on combi system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock