Search the forum,

Discuss Hot water maximum distance?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone I'm new to the forum, I'm looking for some advice and piece of mind.
I want to plumb a hot water tap to my kitchen (combi system). Unfortunately I've had the kitchen plastered and I've now decided i want to move the position of the sink, without seriously damaging the nice new plaster I'll have to take the pipework 'the long way to the sink' from the boiler this run will probably be in the region of 16-20 metres,
I just want some piece if mind, is there a distance where it will start to lose pressure/ efficiency?
It's quite an old boiler, valiant turbomax.
Any help much appreciated as I want to get started on this today.
Many thanks.

Wont lose pressure just take longer for hot water to get to tap + extra couple Lts of water put some insulation on extended pipe it will help a little

I've now decided i want to move the position of the sink, without seriously damaging the nice new plaster I'll have to take the pipework 'the long way to the sink' from the boiler this run will probably be in the region of 16-20 metres,

In my opinion...

In a kitchen, one needs relatively small amounts of water frequently and day-in, day-out. Having to 'wait for hot water to come through' every time will be a frustrating daily reminder of why decent plumbers don't cut corners.

If the price of getting the run-length down significantly is only making-good some plaster, I'd recommend you take the hit.

In my opinion...

In a kitchen, one needs relatively small amounts of water frequently and day-in, day-out. Having to 'wait for hot water to come through' every time will be a frustrating daily reminder of why decent plumbers don't cut corners.

If the price of getting the run-length down significantly is only making-good some plaster, I'd recommend you take the hit.

Ideally i would of liked to take the shorter route but even the shorter route would still be 10 metres from the boiler, 'some plaster would be an understatement, it would be removing a section of the ceiling and then probably a full skim of the ceiling again. Perhaps in 5-10 years when it's time for a new kitchen I'll reconsider the issue.
Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hot water maximum distance?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good afternoon, Just looking for some general advise, I'm renovating my kitchen and need to disconnect my kitchen sink pipes while I re-plaster the room and wait for my new sink to arrive. So I need to temporary cap off the two below connections cant seem to find what is the best way to do this.
Replies
Views
hello all, happy new year! i hope i have posted this in the right section i have a shower bar mixer. the shower runs luke warm. a quick google search showed some ideas on how to adjust it. i tried adjusting it and it didn't change the temp. when i adjusted it the other way to test the cold...
Replies
Views
I have a Vaillant ecofit pure, we had it installed about 6 years ago so it's not an old boiler, a new pump was also fitted at the same time. Anyway, I have the hot water set to come on the morning but the last couple of days I've noticed after around 10mins it's cuts out, then after s couple of...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Could someone please explain if this set up is normal and what changed: Stopcock under kitchen sink turns off cold water supply in kitchen only Stopcock in kitchen wall panel turns off cold water supply in kitchen only Red gate valve in airing cupboard next to bathroom turns off...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm a reasonably experienced DIY plumber but just can't work out why the last new rad I've installed is cold - would really appreciate your help please. I've extended an existing 'run' of radiators - the last one on the run ( in downstairs kitchen) is cold. The first rad added is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock