Search the forum,

Discuss Hot water tank and pressured pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Delboy21

I am fitting a 3 bar pump to increase my poor pressure and all the info says to connect the hot side inlet of the pump on the pipe coming out top of hot tank I would think that if. I did that wouldn't it just keep pumping the water back up the vent pipe to the cold water tank thanks for any advice

you need an s flange

also you need a dedicated cold feed from your cold water tank

shower-pumps-diagram-c.jpg

The pipe coming out the top of my hot water cylinder comes out on a 90 degree bend goes for about two feet and then it t piece's one going down the other going up into loft and bends into top of cold water tank I'm under the impression if I put the pump inlet to the two feet part wouldn't it just pump up the pipe and into cold water tank

The pipe coming out the top of my hot water cylinder comes out on a 90 degree bend goes for about two feet and then it t piece's one going down the other going up into loft and bends into top of cold water tank I'm under the impression if I put the pump inlet to the two feet part wouldn't it just pump up the pipe and into cold water tank

yes it would thats why you need to alter the pipework to suit

what are you trying to do boost all hot water outlets?

Hot and cold colds no problem have it sussed just he hot just doesn't seem right how would I reroute pipework

Hot and cold colds no problem have it sussed just he hot just doesn't seem right how would I reroute pipework

leave the vent (top pipe) in place and cap the one going down (just after t)

connect the s flange to cylinder

take the s flange port to pump inlet

connect the pump outlet to the pipe going down that used to be connected to the pipe going up

hope this make sense

Brilliant finally understand great info. But excuse me don't know what an s flange is or does can you explain thanks for your help

Brilliant finally understand great info. But excuse me don't know what an strange is or does can you explain thanks for your help

you mean the s flange ?

Cheers mate that's great you have explained it well while I. Am talking to someone clever can I ask you a question it's a twin impeller pump when I connect the cold side can I just cut the cold pipe coming from loft storage tank and connect to pump and back out pump back to the pipe

Cheers mate that's great you have explained it well while I. Am talking to someone clever can I ask you a question it's a twin impeller pump when I connect the cold side can I just cut the cold pipe coming from loft storage tank and connect to pump and back out pump back to the pipe

are you boosting all the cold tank feeds if so just make sure you tank is big enough must be 50 gallons (225L) +

and yes the one that supply's your tank cold to your outlets but dont boost the cylinder cold feed

I still looking again at the hot water system explanation that means there's no connection to the pipe going up to the loft

I still looking again at the hot water system explanation that means there's no connection to the pipe going up to the loft

as long as that pipe is connected to the cylinder your fine (you need that as its the vent for the cylinder)

you dont need to touch that

But the pipe coming out top of tank goes to the pipe up into the loft if I take that pipe cut it and send to pump then to the pipe going down the tanks then not connected to the pipe going up to loft

hope this helps

"leave the vent (top pipe) in place and cap the one going down (just after t)

connect the s flange to cylinder

take the s flange port to pump inlet

connect the pump outlet to the pipe going down that used to be connected to the pipe going up

hope this make sense"

pump.png

Last edited:
have a local plumbers number to hand, you may well need it, take care installing your surrey flange, too much force can crimp an old cyl

Just get a local plumber to do it for you. You sound like you are struggling.

I am fitting a 3 bar pump to increase my poor pressure and all the info says to connect the hot side inlet of the pump on the pipe coming out top of hot tank I would think that if. I did that wouldn't it just keep pumping the water back up the vent pipe to the cold water tank thanks for any advice
Wow 3bar press. You must have a basement or a few flights of staircase.
Yes the pump and @3bar has to have its own independent Feed or feeds.
Otherwise you'll have the system inducing air when someone turns on a hot tap and you'll probably find the shower spluttering if you "tee" into other pipework to frrd the pumps supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hot water tank and pressured pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
Hi Can somebody tell me if a standard heat source pump installation uses a pressurized hot water tank? Or will the pressure for the hot water be the same as with my oil boiler and water storage tank (gravity-fed)?
Replies
Views
  • Solved
Hi, I am looking for a bit of advice. Our Gledhill hot water tank was installed incorrectly 18 months ago and has been sending bubbling hot water to our plastic header tank in the loft every time we turned the heating on. We first noticed an issue with a leak in our bedroom ceiling which we...
Replies
Views
S
Pumps and low pressure I moved the bathroom to the back the house (next room) upstairs. I put in two pumps because low pressure water area. One for shower and one for bath. They both work intermittently and I often need to get them started with a magnet! They were new pumps. In the shower the...
Replies
Views
Hi, We moved into a new property yesterday and are a little baffled by the heating/water tank situation. The previous owners unhelpfully left any kind of instructions/manual and therefore trying to figure out ourselves. We have what looks like a boiler/water tank system (coming from a standard...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock