Search the forum,

Discuss Hot water tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

KellyC1

Hi

Any advice on this tank. It has no timer also.
How many hows should i leave it on for do you think? Or is it a case of trail and error?
Any other advise tips are hugely appreciated

Thanks 20161013_212717.jpg

20161013_212725.jpg

have you got oil or gas central heating ?

right ok best to get a sparky to wire in a programmable timer for you

It will probably take two to three hours switched on to heat the entire tank contents to about 60 degrees from cold. The immersion heater, the head of which is the black "cap" on the top of the cylinder, should contain a thermostat which will automatically switch the heater off when it reaches a set temperatures (e.g. 60).

You could get someone to fit a timer to it, so that it would, for example, come on if required between 07:00 and 09:00 then again from 18:00 to 20:00 or whatever times you think are appropriate. Should be about 1 to 1.5 hours to fit, but in my experience they aren't all that reliable and the timers themselves (the electronic ones) only last 2 to 4 years.

The capacity of your tank is slightly less than 100 litres and to heat fully 10 to 60 degrees C will take 6Kw-Hrs. i.e. a 2Kw immersion will take 3hrs. 1.5Kw takes 4hrs etc. Much depends on hot water demand. For someone like me, who baths regularly, once a week, a timer for the six other days would make sense, but for a household with more diverse demand the convenience of hot water as and when required may be a price worth paying, provided thermostatic control functions correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hot water tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Solved
Hi, I am looking for a bit of advice. Our Gledhill hot water tank was installed incorrectly 18 months ago and has been sending bubbling hot water to our plastic header tank in the loft every time we turned the heating on. We first noticed an issue with a leak in our bedroom ceiling which we...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have an OSO Direct 210 hit water cylinder installed in my home, with 2 switches (on/off; and boost). The boiler is for hot water only (rads are electric). In the 5 years that I’ve lived at this property, I’ve never once turned the boiler off; however, with soaring energy prices, I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, We moved into a new property yesterday and are a little baffled by the heating/water tank situation. The previous owners unhelpfully left any kind of instructions/manual and therefore trying to figure out ourselves. We have what looks like a boiler/water tank system (coming from a standard...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have a problem with my hot water header tank getting warm water into it from the bottom of the header tank (not the hooked overflow/expansion pipe. Hence the header tank then reaches the overflow level and the overflow trickles out. I have changed the ball valve washers thinking it was...
Replies
Views
First post as I can not figure this one out. I have a hot water boiler heating system, gas fired, with an HTP SuperStor indirect hot water tank. I'm on well water and have a water softener and two whole house filters for my water. Three days ago I found my high pressure relief valve tripped...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock