Search the forum,

Discuss How desperate have you been for a basic part on a job and what have you done to get round it? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Just got in from fitting an electric shower (yes its Sunday at 9:00pm) and would have given my arms and legs for 12" of 6mm cable, even thought about driving home and pulling it out of the walls I managed in the end by chopping some of the plastic out.

In the past I've been so desperate for little bits of wood to get floorboards down I've ripped apart my van shelves.

:D been there, just buy a roll of 10mm

In the past I've been so desperate for little bits of wood to get floorboards down I've ripped apart my van shelves.

Yeah I've done that. Although I think times when you to innovate end up being quite useful in the whole learning process. It teaches you a lot about 'tolerances'

I`ve ripped apart a brand new pump to rob it of a ÂŁ10 part before now.

I once knew a carpenter who ripped out the internal ply used to line the van he was using to board up a broken window at night...his boss wasn't impressed it was a brand new hire van lol...brum

Cut up my pipe rack for that 2ft piece of soilpipe I needed.

Re-used a bit of 1 1/2" ABS waste. It wasn't that old though, and I did clean it.

I thought of this thread as I made my own core drilling dust extractor yesterday. Worked a treat.
DSCI0464.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How desperate have you been for a basic part on a job and what have you done to get round it? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock