Discuss How do i get into strange looking mixer tap in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at PlumbersForums.net

P

Paul Alone

Hi, I am trying to get into a tap to change a washer but havent a clue as to how to do it. The tap is unlike anything I've ever come across. It's a bathroom basin unit mixer and the only way I can describe it is that it looks like a dogs face. It has a long nose spout and two handles like eyes about the size and shape of snooker balls. They don't appear to be held on by screws and there is no obvious cover to flip off to get to a fasterner. I've tried pulling them and tried twistinging them on and off to the extreme but nothing seems to loosen them. Anybody got any ideas?

Something like this, if so the top part of the cap on each side unscrews.
Use rubber gloves to get better grip

Mono tap.PNG

Reply to How do i get into strange looking mixer tap in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I need to replace the washer of my kitchen mixer tap as it is leaking. I was able to remove the spout once by unscrewing the screw on the back of...
Replies
Views
Hi, I was hoping someone might be able to help with this. The tap is a Bristan RS BAS C, the hot tap has been leaking and I've trying to get the...
Replies
Views
Hi. I have a kitchen mixer tap unit with older washer type inserts which has a dripping cold side. I have a pair of replacement ceramic inserts to...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I am trying to fit a replacement tap to a mini-sink that's built in to the top of a toilet. The original tap isn't made any more by the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, trying to replace a Victorian mixer tap head for bath as old one getting stiff. I've got cap off and taken screw out however can't remove...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock