1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Dismiss Notice

Couple of important things to note. 1. We use Cookies, deal with it. Every website does. 2. Nobody but a currently-registered Gas Engineer should be touching gas or gas appliances. Don't mess with gas at all. 

Discuss How do I remove these covers? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. finchy01

finchy01 Plumber GSR

Sat in a customer's bathroom trying to replace their concealed thermostatic shower. I've removed the 2 grub screws (1 on each) but can't shift either of them. I've been trying one for about 15 minutes now so can't believe it's just scales. The new replacement (looks identical) is just the 2 grub screws. What am I missing? Thanks ad always. Ben

14919115012561841788864.jpg

14919115332311263308266.jpg

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

If you have a full replacement kit and don't need anything from the old one either snap or cut the old nobs off

• Like Like x 1
  3. steadyon

steadyon Active Member

Some used to use two grub screws, one after the other. Tighten up with the first one then lock with the second.

• Like Like x 1
  4. kris

kris Trusted Plumber GSR

Slide the cover off first , this will show you if youve part to unscrew or simply pull the heads straight off and yes its only the grub screws holding them on so they'l probably just be stiff,

5. moonlight

moonlight Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Just grub screws, just pull a little harder.

• Like Like x 1
  6. finchy01

finchy01 Plumber GSR

I guess I need to eat more weetabix! Got it off when the red mist started setting in! Thanks chaps.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1