Search the forum,

Discuss How do I remove this dishwasher without flooding the kitchen? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I have had some great advice on this forum which was very helpful.
I need to remove a dishwasher without flooding the kitchen. Please can anyone help me? Images atatched
IMG_20180309_134439.jpg
IMG_20180309_134446.jpg

Thanks.

Turn of the blue plastic headed tap unscrew the blue water feed hose.

The grey flexible hose is the waste so remove from the white plastic pipe and you may need to re-angle that spigot upwards to avoid a leak or cap it

When you turn the valve off and remove the hose , get. 3/4 cap and seal and put it on inplace of the pipe you have removed . ( same as the other valve )
If you are replacing the dishwasher straight away dont bother .

Turn of the blue plastic headed tap unscrew the blue water feed hose.

The grey flexible hose is the waste so remove from the white plastic pipe and you may need to re-angle that spigot upwards to avoid a leak or cap it
Shall I turn the blue headed screw upwards or downwards, please?

down but it will only turn one way as theres a stop

When you turn the valve off and remove the hose , get. 3/4 cap and seal and put it on inplace of the pipe you have removed . ( same as the other valve )
If you are replacing the dishwasher straight away dont bother .
So in effect after the blue headed valve has been taken off, the hole must be plugged with the 3/4 cap seal. Sorry for being thick.
What about the grey waste pipe bit?

see the grey nut with the bumps undo this and use this to cap it off

BSP Blank Nut Âľ x
Arctic Products Washing Machine Hose Washers Âľ" 5 Pack | Plumbing Washers | NoLinkingToThis

see the grey nut with the bumps undo this and use this to cap it off

BSP Blank Nut Âľ x
Arctic Products Washing Machine Hose Washers Âľ" 5 Pack | Plumbing Washers | NoLinkingToThis
Many thanks. As always very good and helpful folks on this forum. :)

grey waste pipe

do you see the chrome clips with the bits sticking up

to remove these are a bit more trickey

you need to squeeze the to tabs together and at the same time remove the grey flex hose

then get a plastic bag with no holes in and cable tie it around the rubber / pipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How do I remove this dishwasher without flooding the kitchen? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
I have attached an image of the brass body within a tap. Having replaced a cartridge which has cured a leaking tap, I can see that there is a small leak from the brass body which can be unscrewed. Is there a seal behind the body? Thanks.
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock