Search the forum,

Discuss How important is your presentation to you ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im a tramp mostly.
Doesnt bother me much, people are just grateful that you turned up when you said you would. Also round here most people are tramps anyway...:eek:

Im off out to work now in my clean pants

eqena5et.jpg

when i worked for dyno (plumbing not poo rodding) the company policy was to wear the blue over shoes at all times .... until i was in the loft replacing a tank and slipped on a beam and went straight through into the customers back bedroom ....

I don't get why you would wipe silicone all over your trousers? They cost too much to do that.

I'm working in house these trousers will never see daylight on a job. In the bin when finished ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390132366.951938.jpg

I think the term i have aways abided by are 'You don't get a second chance at a first impression'. Probably answers your question.

I think the term i have aways abided by are 'You don't get a second chance at a first impression'. Probably answers your question.

maybe so pal, but you cant please everyone, for everyone who prefers you to be smart and clean there is also someone who gets a sense of reassurance from a worker who looks like hes been grafting all day and is too busy to faff around changing into clean gear just to pop in for ten mins and discuss a job.

i guess the prevailing outlook is determined by where you live. i live and work in a very working class provincial northern town. if i went everywhere in clean gear i would get that look that says 'hmmmm i dont trust you, you look like a tradesman and sound like a tradesman but theres something not quite right, :38:

i guess it would be different in a posh neighbourhood

I'm the same. I think if you arrange to do a quote straight after work, you should prob look like you've been working!

Unless you're covered in soot etc, in which case, I'd go home and shower the go in my civvies and explain why.

I've got them, and 10mm holes through my ears. Never been a problem.

Can't see what difference tattoo's make. I've got two full sleeves and works never been a problem. I think politeness and remembering your p's & q's is far more important

I only ask as I have a full jap sleeve going on the right and something similar planned for the left. Was just thinking whether to keep them to 3/4 or go full

cheers

Let your ability do the talking. Anyone short sighted enough to be put off by tattoos is not worth working for tbh.

It's a stereotype but I think some custards have an expectation of what contractors look like. Tattoos scruffy etc. even if I've been working all day and am a bit of a mess and I go to a quote or something I find you win most of them over with politeness, knowledge and willingness to listen to them.

Reassuring then as I've always found I can strike and maintain a good rapport with customers.

Thanks for the reassurance ref the sleeves. Now all I have to do is find the time to get them finished lol.

Tbh the type of people put off by that kind of thing will prob end up being suckered by a guy in a nice suit from BG or Helplink. Then 2 clueless spotty teenagers covered in crap tattoos, smoking at the front door end up doing then job lol

What's people thoughts on tattoos?

Depends on where. I would be put off by facial or neck tattoos. Regardless of the personality of the owner, I think Mrs S would find it intimidating, so they wouldnt be working in my house.

Tattoos on arms, legs etc are so common in Portsmouth that I am not sure that I would even notice.

Tbh the type of people put off by that kind of thing will prob end up being suckered by a guy in a nice suit from BG or Helplink. Then 2 clueless spotty teenagers covered in crap tattoos, smoking at the front door end up doing then job lol

Although I can see why you would chuckle at the irony in that- you would still have lost the work, and that surely can't be good?

Depends if you need it.

Tbh losing work to these big companies always riles me up anyway. Purely because I wonder how the customer can be so stupid.

Depends if you need it.

Tbh losing work to these big companies always riles me up anyway. Purely because I wonder how the customer can be so stupid.

Generally though the big companies get the jobs as the customer can pay on the never never.

Facial tattoos are one thing. Tats on the arm are another. I don't have any tattoos or piercings. My brother is covered in tats, has a few piercings and never fails to charm customers. A few even remark on how lovely his sleeve tat is.

I think tats are so common now and branch all classes that the shock value has faded.

That said. I did once meet a bloke who's tattoos were so vile I would never let him in my home.

again i suppose its down to where you live/work and the kinds of customers you serve. i work in a very working class town and tatoos are so common now that as dannypipe says there is no shock value. even grannies have em, and even the posher end of bolton the majority of women have one on a foot. round here even neck tattoos are ten a penny almost everyone under 28 has one usually a childs birthday or name.

in the local big asda the majority of staff under 30 both men and women have visible tattoos even some with neck ones, doesnt seem to be an impediment to employment these days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How important is your presentation to you ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock