Search the forum,

Discuss How much would a new bathroom cost? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Banyo

Hi i want to buy a new bathroom.
is there any idea how much a new bathroom cost?

They say average is around 3k to 5 k depending on size and what you buy for furnishings that includes labour.

Depends on so many variables, you're location in the U.K., house, bungalow, flat, which floor, is it a straight 1 for 1 or are there location changes, quality of fittings, quality of finish. There's an advert in a local paper here says, New 3 piece bathroom plus 5 meters of tiling supplied and installed £995 complete. Would it be safe to assume the job would be an excellent finish, top quality products, correct materials to code, waste disposed of correctly? I think not.
For good quality products, correctly installed to code by a properly insured and qualified installer, proper electrics, etc I would budget between £8000 and £10,000 in the metropolitan area, £5000 to £8000 in the Home Counties. Your biggest issue will be getting a quality installer.

as said it all depends how much you are willing to pay for an asset which will increase the value of your home

Bathroom cost.
Dependent on taste and budget. I can get a suite fo £399! But it's absolute rubbish and won't last. I've just supplied a "Volla" towel rail that was nearly £2500 !!!!!! Which is madness.
If you don't go mad you can get quality sanitary ware and taps with a seperate shower for £1500.
Then tiles. If you kept your budget to £20 a square meter for walls and floors. Then your looking at about £500 for a standard 18sqm of walls and 6sqm of floor ( standard bathroom)

Then fitting.
To get a bathroom fitted will generally take two weeks for a bathroom fitter. Cost will vary depending on where you are. With fitting materials, like pipework, tile adhesive, timber, drainage. Etc.etc. Would be around the £3000.0 mark.

There would be other costs too, if needed like plastering, new lights, extractor fan, decorating, rotten floors. Depending on your plumbing system, there might be a need for a shower pump.
Also if a any electrical work is carried out it will need a certificate producing.

So total cost to get someone in would be FROM £5000. But let of the reins, it's limitless

Anything upto 6k for a complete refurb !

A look at a recent thread Bathroom Renovation Concerns.Help please. would be worthwhile.It has a lot of good information and also shows how difficult in can be to find to find a good tradesman.IF you can find or have recommended a sole trader who can show you some of his work,it will often be cheaper than from a company.You may save VAT and prices are sometimes keener.I would not quibble with prices suggested and points made in answers so far.Consult your tradesman about whether he wants to supply and fit or give you advice and brochures for you to choose fitments and pay for them.He may even be able to get you a bit of discount!! Remember the importance of tiling which is what people see.Lay out,no dot and dabbing,no PVA before tiling.Floors need particular care.Some excellent plumbers are not tilers but often work with a good tiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How much would a new bathroom cost? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock