Search the forum,

Discuss How much!!!??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexGas

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
From Uber to plumbers: here are the New Year's Eve ripoffs to avoid
From Uber to plumbers: here are the New Year's Eve ripoffs to avoid

Household jobs
Everyone hopes their boiler doesn't pack in or they get a hole in their roof at the best of times, but towards the end of the year it will cost much more.
On New Year’s Eve Pimlico Plumbers in London, as an example, charges customers almost double, at £380 an hour for heating work between the hours of 6pm and 12am. Usually it costs £195 an hour on Saturday during these times.
Plumbing work from Pimlico Plumbers carried out between the same hours on New Year's Eve would cost £300 an hour. Usually it's between £160 and £200.
The cost of drain jetting, to clear blockages, peaks at £450 an hour on New Year's Eve when the rest of the year it costs between £170 and £250 an hour. Getting an electrician will cost up to £250 an hour - compared to between £100 and £200 usually.
New Year’s Day is even more expensive - you could pay up to £400 an hour for heating and electric services and up to £350 an hour for plumbing.

They basically take advantage of people who have more money than sense.

They basically take advantage of people who have more money than sense.

Sounds reasonable to me. I have a view that every householder should have their own reliable plumber/sparky etc. Someone they can call if they need to. Someone they can trust. Otherwise, if you are relying on a stranger to be charitable to you, then best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How much!!!??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from the loft water reservoir tank (which also feeds the cold water taps in the bathroom & the WC cistern). There is an expansion vessel attached to this...
Replies
Views
First post as I can not figure this one out. I have a hot water boiler heating system, gas fired, with an HTP SuperStor indirect hot water tank. I'm on well water and have a water softener and two whole house filters for my water. Three days ago I found my high pressure relief valve tripped...
Replies
Views
Hello Everyone. I'm back! It's been a year since my original post and I still haven't managed to resolve the mysterious water usage in my home. It's driving me nuts as I just can't figure out what's going on and Thames Water aren't interested. I've attached some screenshots from over the...
Replies
Views
MrsL6795
M
Hello, We had an extension built seven years ago. Initially the builders' plumber connected the heating to the house system but this didn't work. The builder got him out again and he created a separate heating circuit from the boiler (ie one circuit for the house, the other for the extension)...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or garden, run-of-the-mill British housing estate CH setup. Downstairs radiator, 1 of 2 in our living room, went cold one evening mid-November last...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock