Search the forum,

Discuss How to connect up to a pan connector that has been boxed in in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

My daughter has recently had her downstairs toilet panelled by a joiner.They previously had a boxed in stop tap next to the wc and to try and make it a neat job he has fully boxed in behind the wc with an access panel for the stop tap. The problem is the existing 90 degree pan connector finishes just inside the boxing and is too far away to get the wc back on to it. So I need a new straight wc connector from the toilet but how do I connect this into the 90 degree pan connector that is already there as the pipe end of the new straight connector seems to be too small to create a good seal.

Could I suggest getting the joiner back to box it properly?? Also if the existing pan connector is still there you don’t really want to be pushing another pan connector into it, it’s a leak waiting to happen.

First thing is never reuse a existing pan connector. You can fit a straight into a bent but not ideal, better to change bent for soil pipe bend if possible.

Could I suggest getting the joiner back to box it properly?? Also if the existing pan connector is still there you don’t really want to be pushing another pan connector into it, it’s a leak waiting to happen.
Unfortunately he didn't get a good brief from my daughter/ son in law and he was doing what he felt produced the best looking job without realising the effect on the plumbing.

First thing is never reuse a existing pan connector. You can fit a straight into a bent but not ideal, better to change bent for soil pipe bend if possible.
If I took the existing p connector out of the drain in the floor how would I join a soil pipe bend to the drain

As others, ideally don't reuse a pan connector.
Also avoid conecting pan connectors together, but if you must then you need one of these in the joint;
Multikwik MKL1 Multilink Pan Connector | Wickes.co.uk

And support the connectors so they don't separate.
Thanks Snowhead,that is exactly what I want but couldn't find.I've just ordered off eBay with postage a lot cheaper than Wickes. I don't think many plumbers merchants will stock as probably very little demand. Thanks again

Reply to How to connect up to a pan connector that has been boxed in in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock