Search the forum,

Discuss How to drill the the BACK of tile ALREADY installed onto masonary wall in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha offensive?! If you get offended by that I'd like to apologise for this.... :ciappa:

Cheer up!

I am know I am rude and insensitive - that's why I am proud to be a plumber!

You are not allowed to be one unless you mouth off all day long . . . .

Me and everyone else on this forum mate - you included!

Lets not get our knickers in a twist shall we . . . .

365 drills I apologise! ​

Kindly remove that offensive picture however as it does not show you or the forum in a good light . . .
Not insulting me only YOU :)

Yikes indeed, I thought he was just joking about being offended? Oh well, he'll be back soon and we can get back to talking about drill bits.

Can't you lot just play nicely?!

I leave you alone for a while & this happens. I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed!

Back to the subject in hand, I still don't definitively know why the customer wanted this drill & why they wanted to drill the hole in this way? What's it all for? That's all I want to know........ please.

HA HA, I drilled out a 22mm hole to get a prv blow off out through a stone n rubble wall today, took a wee while, over 20 mins and when I finally broke through, I trotted downstairs to inspect the exterior result and it looks like Ive got some rendering to do next week! 1/2m2 of thick render popped off the wall, must remember to to bring my cores in the van next time:(

HA HA, I drilled out a 22mm hole to get a prv blow off out through a stone n rubble wall today, took a wee while, over 20 mins and when I finally broke through, I trotted downstairs to inspect the exterior result and it looks like Ive got some rendering to do next week! 1/2m2 of thick render popped off the wall, must remember to to bring my cores in the van next time:(
That's a bummer :(

yep, nice new cores are so much better than a 1m masonary drill, tkaes just as long in stone though. Still the old bird makes great coffee and a lovely sponge so not all bad.

One reason I didnt take them, but mine are a bit old now. Other option on stone are the tct cores on hammer, but my teeth rattle too much with them, and the holes can get very big quickly!

Well we just had the customer feedback and he said it "Did a beautiful job..."

He explained "We already had one of your bathroom fitters kits here on the job with a 16mm 30mm and 40mm drill. So We used your 30mm to take a slug out of the first tile and expose the masonary brick behind (breeze block). We DIDNT use a 16mm masonary bit. In fact we used a 19mm masonary drill bit to bore out the hole all the way through the blockwork until the tip touched the tile in the other room.

We cleared out the 19mm hole so we could see the tile. We inserted that 16mm diamond core that you supplied above and sluced water down the gap. The 16mm bar rested on the masonary (didnt kick up or move) and we slowly bored out through the back of the tile squirting water down the hole as we went.

The hole formed very quickly even though this is one of the hardest porcelain tiles I have come across. And when the diamond core popped out of the other side (the front of the tile) there was a perfect hole. No blow out. No chips. Nothing shattered.

Really pleased with the results and we want to now order a full selection of other sizes from the PORSADRILL range.

So I think we have a happy customer.
I think he has gone to the effort of drilling up to the tile from behind ,why not live the drill bit into the hole and with a metal detector point exactly
where the drill bit is and drill the tile normally easy .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How to drill the the BACK of tile ALREADY installed onto masonary wall in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a stone-resin shower tray, new ceramic tiles on the floor and half tiling on the walls. All the work...
Replies
Views
Can anyone tell me where I can get a walk in shower enclosure glass wall channel with about 50mm - 60mm of adjustment in it? I hired a bathroom fitting company to gut and replace 4 bathrooms in a block of holiday flats. In one of the bathrooms they missed an extremely out of plumb wall. Their...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Our bathroom fitters have finished the first fix. However, when the tiler came round, he pointed out these issues: Standard plasterboard has been used throughout (including the future shower area), rather than using the waterproof variety of plasterboard or to use tiling board. The...
Replies
Views
We want to change the mirror in the bathroom so I need to drill a new hole through the tiles. The tiles were dotted and dabbed as the walls were slighly uneven - if that makes a difference. Glazed Porcelain tiles from wickes. What drill but should I use? I have some odd bits around but...
Replies
Views
My step-daughter bought a 50's end-terraced house at the start of the year, and found there was a leak from Mira bar shower that was coming through the bedroom wall from the bathroom on the other side of the wall. The shower is over the bath and the bathroom walls are tiled around three sides of...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock