Search the forum,

Discuss How to fix a dripping mixer tap? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

crof_s

I watched some videos on youtube and they wear talking about taps that were actually leaking from around the side and needed to replace the valve and stuff. Mine is just dripping from the actual tap itself. Do I still need to replace the valve?

If I do, how do I make sure I buy the right valve?

If the valve doesn't need replaced, how do I stop it dripping?

I have included a picture of my tap just so you could hopefully talk me through what to do.

I really appreciate any help and thanks in advance.

20170614_193302.jpg

Honestly it's easier and quicker in the long run to change the whole tap

Screwfix should have something similar

As above would not bother with the cartridge as even if you can get it. It will cost more than a new tap anyway.

I mean I can only agree to the lads above.
The thing is, it's not expensive to get the cartridge but the problem starts to find the right one. There are hundreds of cartridges and especially for you it will be a little tricky to get tippe right one.

Just change to a nice kitchen mixer tap single handle perhaps with some warranty 1-2 years. Depends what model you are going for.

That's excellent thank you very much for all your help everyone. Will be looking for one hit the hot and cold sides this time rather than that sliding thing haha.

Stay clear of this style that had a movable spout that forms part of the body; the "banjo" style part will always leak, sometimes with the 1st 12 months!

Stay clear of this style that had a movable spout that forms part of the body; the "banjo" style part will always leak, sometimes with the 1st 12 months!

You are close! Around 18 months I would say it has lasted.

Don't get me wrong, the tap is fully functional. It is just a tiny drip (maybe 1 drip every 10 minutes) but, of course, these things only get worse.

Just to let you know, this style of tap is made and shipped into the UK for as little as £6... I know its only a price but it gives an accurate indication of 'quality'... AVOID!

Oh one last thing. Wen you buy your new one with teh sep hot and cold, make sure the replacement cartridges have their thread under the mounting shoulder. Many current Franke ones don't so it's new tap time WHEN they leak... They have no spares currently either. Hmmm :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How to fix a dripping mixer tap? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello folks, I’m trying to fix this slow leaking tap myself and I’m stuck here. How do I dismantle it further to replace whatever needs replacing to fix the drip? (The chrome ring round the top will not unscrew by hand.) Many thanks
Replies
Views
I have a kitchen mixer tap with quarter turn levers and the cold side started dripping. I took out the ceramic valve and replaced it with one from Screwfix but it hasn’t solved the problem it still drips. Could it be a dodgy valve or is it something else? Thanks
Replies
Views
I have a Bristan Manhattan mixer tap in the kitchen. Five years ago, it started to drip. I replaced the valve in the cold water side and the dripping stopped. Recently it began to drip again and I replaced the valve again. But, it still drips sometimes. I’m trying to replace the valve on the...
Replies
Views
This is probably obvious but I want to replace the cartridge to stop dripping. I have done similar before but I cannot work out how to remove the tap head! i thought the hot/cold circle would pop out but no such luck and don't want to damage. can anyone help? Thanks Martin fix the caple
Replies
Views
I need to replace the washer of my kitchen mixer tap as it is leaking. I was able to remove the spout once by unscrewing the screw on the back of the tap. However now I can't remove it again as it seems I must have used the wrong screw head and have rounded off the head. Please see attached...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock