Search the forum,

Discuss How to get into this tap? See Pic in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
See pic.
This tap has a drip and I'm failing to get at the washers.
The nut at the end of the handle unscrews, allowing removal of the white cover and revealing a metal handle 'spindle'. But there is nothing obvious to unscrew after that.
You can't see in the pic but at the end of the taps there is no cover/screw - the ends are all part of the same sealed metal unit.
Any ideas how how can proceed?
Any help much appreciated. Thanks.

IMG_20170925_093557517.jpg

Undo the brass rod there might be a grub screw under that

I guess there is a cap from the side which can be taken off and there should be a brass positive head screw which can be loosen to get off the handle. But it depends on what tap it is. It could be as ShaunCorbs has mentioned above with a little grub screw

Thanks for the suggestions.
Given that this tap looks pretty old and not in great condition, is it worth the bother of changing the cartridge(s) rather than replace the whole tap?
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How to get into this tap? See Pic in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock