Search the forum,

Discuss how to size a indirect hot water system? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi guys, just wondering how most people do as my title says. How much hot water per person for a house hold?

Also, anyone bought a stainless steel indirect cylinder? If so, are they any good? My client is in need for a change, and as most clients say, she is short of cash. And i have heard i think, that stainless steel cylinders are cheaper than copper. So this might be an option.

If you have bought one, where from?

Cheers fellers

I tend to check what the cylinder maker says in their brochure & then go next size up if I can. Usually it is a " one bath + one shower" or " two baths" etc. Depends what is heating them & also shower type.

cheers fuzzy. Back in the day, didn't they go by the amount of people in the house and then do it per litre?

I think that is what i learnt at college a while ago

From Best- not Fuzzy. :D . I guess it depends how much each person washes themselves! Surely if one person is living in a very large house with several bathrooms, then it would still need a large cylinder, although it will be a waste of energy to heat it while the house remains with few occupants? Good idea though to have a rough estimate of what hot water each person needs. Think vented s.steel cylinders should be good, esp in harsh water areas. Was told by merchants that they are similar price to copper but must check that out.

Indirect water size manufactured in the many size from 300000 to 3000000 BTU. Indirect water is recommend for low temperature type of supply.

the relevant BS docs and also unvented training notes still quote per ltr per day per person

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to how to size a indirect hot water system? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hello, I am fitting new taps and a shower mixer in my en-suite and was looking to isolate the hot water pipes. I have an unvented indirect heating system (have attached some photos). I was wondering if the isolation valve that would shut off the water to the hot water taps is as circled in the...
Replies
Views
First post as I can not figure this one out. I have a hot water boiler heating system, gas fired, with an HTP SuperStor indirect hot water tank. I'm on well water and have a water softener and two whole house filters for my water. Three days ago I found my high pressure relief valve tripped...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have a problem with my hot water header tank getting warm water into it from the bottom of the header tank (not the hooked overflow/expansion pipe. Hence the header tank then reaches the overflow level and the overflow trickles out. I have changed the ball valve washers thinking it was...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon all, I am hopeful someone may be able to offer some guidance on the following. In the home we have a gas boiler (serviced annually, October time) providing hot water to the CH system which is split into 3 zones (Honeywell 2-way valves) and it also heats the HW tank (Tribune...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I wonder if you can help me? I have intermittent hot water low flow from all taps in my 4 bedroom house upstairs and downstairs. I can sometimes recover the usual water pressure by turning the hot and cold water taps on and off which seems very strange to me. There is no problem...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock