Search the forum,

Discuss How to tighten a toilet seat on a inaccessible Heritage unit? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Andrea Rowe

Hi there
I hope someone can help with some advice. I have looked at a few threads but am still a bit mystified when looking at my own toilet.

I had a new unit installed 1.5 years ago and with 2 kids, 1 side of the seat has now become loose. In every other toilet I have owned this is a simple fix, but when looking at this Heritage unit the screws do not appear to be accessible without removing the unit from the wall, which I can do if I have to, but I am hoping I am missing something obvious! I have attached some images below if that helps.

Any advice gratefully received!

IMG_0107.JPG

IMG_0108.JPG

IMG_0105.JPG

Think you will find the seat complete lifts of the two lugs attached to the pan also the two oblong slits near the hinge actually pop ou so you can swap the hinges

Thank you so much Gasmk1 - would never have thought about pulling the seat of that way! All fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How to tighten a toilet seat on a inaccessible Heritage unit? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Everyone Doers anyone know how to remove this toilet seat? It has no push buttons or caps that I can see and I am trying to fathom out how to tighten it! Any help appreciated!
Replies
Views
S
I tried to install a new toilet seat and I’m stuck in a process where I couldn’t loosen or tighten the screw. I also tried rotating the screw in both ways but that’s just a endless process and it wouldn’t come off. It’s a in wall built toilet so I could only stick my hand underneath a bit and...
Replies
Views
A
I have a RAK toilet and seat, the seat keeps coming loose on one side, I tighten the screw but it doesn't last long. My question is will a replacement screw cure the problem or will I need to get a new seat?
Replies
Views
Just moved into a new place and the toilet seat is super loose. Spent about 2 hours trying to figure out how to tighten this toilet seat. I did try unscrewing it from the bottom, took it out and inspected it but couldn't see any obvious way to tighten. Tried screwing the bottom screws in tigher...
Replies
Views
C
Any advice would be very welcome. We need to replace our toilet seat. The toilet and seat have no makes on them. On measurements it’s 34 width and 40 length d shape. I have been looking everywhere and can not find this size toilet seat at all. I have found one that looks very similar called...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock